Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you tried using Hydrogen Peroxide to clean it out? It wont leave any residue behind after rinsing like bleach would.

Not 100% sure it would work on your mold (Could it be algae?) but I know I killed off the white powdery mildew that was attacking my indoor garden a couple years ago.

Just try mixing it with water in a 50/50 ratio, pour it in the jug and let it sit for a bit before wiping it out with a bottle brush.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
there is mold starting to form in the jug that i use to fill my waterer's. i use a juice jug to mix the meds and vitamins then poor it into my waterer's. i have well water that is un-chlorinated . will the mold hurt them?
Probably and most likely if it is algea you should clean out the jug and disinfect it it. Better to be safe then sorry. I have well water I give to my birds, and I run it thru a PUR pitcher filter and then give it to them.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
there is mold starting to form in the jug that i use to fill my waterer's. i use a juice jug to mix the meds and vitamins then poor it into my waterer's. i have well water that is un-chlorinated . will the mold hurt them?
UMMM...how bout' buying a new jug of juice???? :confused:

·
Registered
875 Posts
just clean it regularly,,wash thoroughly an dit should be fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts