Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The legendary Sure Bet's dam, Money Maker has gone to pigeon heaven. I received an email from Ron Deisher stating that Money Maker became egg-bound, so Mike Ganus had to put her down. Your thoughts...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
It means the bird was in pain and dying so he put her down, meaning help speed up the dying process so the bird would not suffer.

Tony

·
Registered
463 Posts
The legendary Sure Bet's dam, Money Maker has gone to pigeon heaven. I received an email from Ron Deisher stating that Money Maker became egg-bound, so Mike Ganus had to put her down. Your thoughts...
Darn it all to heck...LOL Thats unfortunate and we all at some point are faced with that. Well, all of the young from her just went up in price, especially if its close up. But knowing Mike, he has something else to replace her with, even if its still unknown to the rest of us.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I wonder if the situation really DID require putting her down or if it was just easier that way...:rolleyes: Well known birds almost seem immortal sometimes.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I wonder if the situation really DID require putting her down or if it was just easier that way...:rolleyes: Well known birds almost seem immortal sometimes.
I would hope that they had saught out a qualified avian vet and/or rehabber to examin her before making such decision, as there is alot that can be done.

Rest in peace Money Maker.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I have had 2 hens become egg-bound,and no Vet can do anything...If the egg will not come out,the only thing that can be done is putting a little Vasaline up her rear end,being very carefull not to break the egg...Sometimes that will help,but most of the time,it`s in the hands of the LORD !!!......Alamo

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Well sometimes it isn't actually egg binding, but post egg laying paralysis. Egg bound hens have been saved before too, so there's always hope.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just told MoneyMakers grandson in the coop that his grandma had just passed. He said wow im cashing in on the life insurance earlier than thought..wootwoot... LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts