Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the rest of the pictures. Sorry for the other mess up. The nest is the first for this pair. No eggs yet!!!!

George

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They are bluetick coonhounds. I used to competion hunt but not anymore. For those who do not know, NO ANIMAL IS HURT IN A COONHOUND COMPETION HUNT.

George

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
They are bluetick coonhounds. I used to competion hunt but not anymore. For those who do not know, NO ANIMAL IS HURT IN A COONHOUND COMPETION HUNT.

George
I have a german shorthair pointer, he is too hyper. I always tell people my next dog will be a bluetick, just love them.:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wow , Thats a gorgeous setup you have George , very nice construction job on the loft !

Tight security too :D ...... those two hounds are beauties !

Hambone

·
Registered
255 Posts
nice to see the birds in the loft george, it looks great, them dogs are so friendly looking, i've never heard of that breed, i thought they where spaniels,

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
My water pans look exactly like that! Dollar store kitty litter pans. Can't go wrong there.
So, it looks like someone is quite the nest builder. Eggs by Monday afternoon is my prediction. ;) They don't do all that work just for fun.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope that work is not for nothing. My wife asked if she was building an eagles nest. It seems like they like the pine needles. I have tons of them in my yard. I hope you are right about the eggs. I just came from the loft and the hen seems to be just setting around with her wings sagging a bit. May be just me but she just seems to be acting different.

:)
George

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I hope that work is not for nothing. My wife asked if she was building an eagles nest. It seems like they like the pine needles. I have tons of them in my yard. I hope you are right about the eggs. I just came from the loft and the hen seems to be just setting around with her wings sagging a bit. May be just me but she just seems to be acting different.

:)
George
Actually, I noticed that in the pictures. If you see her start sitting in the bowl for long periods of time, then you can be pretty sure she's going to lay soon. Sometimes they do that for a day or two before they lay.
Geeezzz, this is like waiting for a baby to be born. :eek:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She was setting in the nest bowl this morning for quite a while before I went out to put the bath water in. She just stayed there until I had finished and the Cock bird was in there with her just cooing his head off.

George

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
She was setting in the nest bowl this morning for quite a while before I went out to put the bath water in. She just stayed there until I had finished and the Cock bird was in there with her just cooing his head off.

George
Yep, she's probably getting ready. Don't know how close you are watching them, but he'll start to "drive" her when he knows she's going to lay. He'll want her in the box. Might be a good idea to put a small bowl of feed in the box. Cock birds can sometimes drive so hard that the hen can barely get anything to eat or drink. He may not be so bad since they are the only birds in the loft, however, I've got a couple of cocks that are VERY persistant with their hens, even in an individual breeding pen.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I feed them tonight, I will put a small bowl of feed in the nest box. Maby she will feel a little better about not having to go out and drop to the floor to feed. I have been giving them ACV and garlic in their water (not at the same time) and they don't seem to mind. I thing the former owner had used it also.

George

·
Registered
672 Posts
My water pans look exactly like that! Dollar store kitty litter pans. Can't go wrong there.
So, it looks like someone is quite the nest builder. Eggs by Monday afternoon is my prediction. ;) They don't do all that work just for fun.
That is exactly what i use to lol :p

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Wow, what an elaborate nest!!! I'm amazed! :eek: Your loft is very nice. I also use the dollar store cat litter boxes for bathing tubs. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts