Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 15 racing homers in it I put a slated floor in it and a trap and landing board and a sliding door to close them in when its raining Im starting another one now 4x8 just a shed type and will work it from there. I can completely clean this loft in 15 mins it cost around $1,600

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
It's really very nice.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I lost my job after 34 years the winter i built iT IT was like theropy for me it kept me from going crazy LOL Thats why it looks so nice. Thanks for your compliments I wanted to make it bigger but the yard you see is all i own since i built the addition on the house and the next 4x8 loft will take the rest of the yard oh well no more grass to mow LOL

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I lost my job after 34 years the winter i built iT IT was like theropy for me it kept me from going crazy LOL Thats why it looks so nice. Thanks for your compliments I wanted to make it bigger but the yard you see is all i own since i built the addition on the house and the next 4x8 loft will take the rest of the yard oh well no more grass to mow LOL
Well, it's a really nice loft.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Funny thing, I haven't had birds in 20 +/- years, lost my job last spring after 20 years of working at the same place, and I spent my down time building loft gear all winter, it is great therapy. Hopefully the loft will come together when the snow leaves. Cheers, looks great man.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny thing, I haven't had birds in 20 +/- years, lost my job last spring after 20 years of working at the same place, and I spent my down time building loft gear all winter, it is great therapy. Hopefully the loft will come together when the snow leaves. Cheers, looks great man.
Sorry to here that I never had pigeons. I had turkeys, quail before. I think It has always been in my mind to raise some I liked the idea of training them and taking them far away and waiting for them to return Good luck with your loft .Im starting my next one this week I learned a lot this one will be bigger

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Excellent use of space. Sorry you lost your job - you certainly made excellent use of your down time!

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Do you ever travel somewhere else and build lofts for people or deliver lofts somehow--just a question because you are so good at this and just wonder about the answer--not getting personal but just wondering and I am from Pennsylvania where is Waynesboro and have not been back in 45 or more years and just thinking about your space saving talent and time saving as well--How do your vents actually work?? Thanks..c.hert

1 - 20 of 31 Posts