Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a news piece about pigeon fanciers in Iraq.

The gentleman interviewed had beautiful birds. The were a deep rust color with furry feet. The didn't have the long feathers of show pigeons just sort of furry hobbit feet.

While looking for pics I came across your forum and thought some here might be able to tell me about this particular breed of pigeon and if it is available in this country.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Shakhsharli;sherazi

On page 731 of the ENCYCLOPEDIA OF PIGEON BREEDS by Wendell M. Levi you will see a pair of these birds that are black and white, they also come in red,blue, and yellowGEORGE;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! You guys are great. Those birds were so beautiful. I just fell in love with them. I will do some more research on them. They seemed to have very gentle personalities.
Thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Oh this makes me homesick :(

Reds weren't my favorite pigeons in Baghdad despite being the majority's favorite pigeons to fly. My parents forced me to sell the few pigeons I had at the end of 1990, right before the beginning of Dessert Storm. It was the right thing to do because we left Iraq shortly after.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Whatever they are (I thought they were a variation of a trumpeter).
Just think it's neat how the hobby of keeping pigeons is so universal!

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Oh this makes me homesick :(

Reds weren't my favorite pigeons in Baghdad despite being the majority's favorite pigeons to fly. My parents forced me to sell the few pigeons I had at the end of 1990, right before the beginning of Dessert Storm. It was the right thing to do because we left Iraq shortly after.
Hi SMOQA,This Saturday the METRO PIGEON CLUB ishaving a meeting at the LAMBERT PARK RECK.building 12to 4 pm drop by if you can. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi SMOQA,This Saturday the METRO PIGEON CLUB ishaving a meeting at the LAMBERT PARK RECK.building 12to 4 pm drop by if you can. GEORGE;)
Thanks for the invite. I've never heard of this place, is it in Oceanside?

Do you guys have a webiste or anything I can see online?

·
Registered
202 Posts
George,

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately this weekend doesn't work for me. Do I have to be a member to visit?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts