Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can somebody explain the moult to me I know what it is. but how long does it take start to finish where on the bird does it start/stop I know it affects performance in some ways just trying to figure it out. one answer I really want to know is about the 10 primary flights once the first is dropped how long till the 10th is grown back and long from when the 1st drops till the 2nd then till the 3rd etc.....

thanks for the help
Kenneth Flippen

·
Registered
142 Posts
can somebody explain the moult to me I know what it is. but how long does it take start to finish where on the bird does it start/stop I know it affects performance in some ways just trying to figure it out. one answer I really want to know is about the 10 primary flights once the first is dropped how long till the 10th is grown back and long from when the 1st drops till the 2nd then till the 3rd etc.....

thanks for the help
Kenneth Flippen
If you want to be a good young bird flyer you have to fool Mother Nature...When I move my squeakers into the young bird loft I put them under lights so they have 16-17 hours a day of light and then around July 4th I cut the 9th and 10th flight feather. (I start the young bird series in Sept.) Doing this my young birds have all new feathers when the young bird racing season starts...

You may want to find a book or DVD on the young bird light system...Good luck with your racing...

·
Registered
671 Posts
I learned if the bird gets stressed it halts the whole molting . I have a pair of nestmates.
One has 6 to go the other has 7 to go. They are healthy but something happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.