#1 ·
Hi all
could any body tell me when does the mouting season end
many thanks
John

#2 ·
Not soon enough.

#4 ·
John...here in the Pacific Northwest of the USA, it usually lasts until November. It seems like it's been going on for months alreadyand I'm really tired of it. I swear I have swept up enopugh feathers to make several nice sized pillows. It seems just when it's over, it starts up all over again. Actually, I read in the book, Feral Pigeon, that ferals molt a little all year long. My birds are mostly ferals and I don't agree with what I read in the book.
What kind of Pigeons do you have?

#15 ·
hi tony all i can say is help
Remember, it is a molt. They may look ugly but they are still the beautiful birds you know. Just give them a little space, no hard training, and the care you always give and soon they will look fresh, clean and wonderful. You deal with poop daily, so this is really no big deal.

God Bless,
Tony

#13 ·
johnpigeon...are your Pigeons molting like crazy too?

#17 ·
Mine are looking pretty ratty too. I did give both a good going over, just in case. They weren't really happy about it either. LOL
When I put them back on perch they gave me the "go to HeXX" coos the "stink eye" and a wing whack or two.
How dare I man handle and get their feathers in such disarray!
Too funny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.