Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have the movie by michael landon called, where pigeons go to die, i have been looking for this movie and can't seem to get my hands on it. if anyone has it, could i please get a copy? i am willing to pay you for the copy and for the shipping cost. please let me know. the movie was a disney movie back in 1958 or so. lease help.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I do not think it was in 58, to early for Landon. There was a Disney movie about a young boy in a wheel chair with homers, i have not seen it since i was a small boy. (and i am OLD!) lol! Dave P.S. i also would love a copy, if it is the one i am thinking about.

·
Registered
393 Posts
does anyone have the movie by michael landon called, where pigeons go to die, i have been looking for this movie and can't seem to get my hands on it. if anyone has it, could i please get a copy? i am willing to pay you for the copy and for the shipping cost. please let me know. the movie was a disney movie back in 1958 or so. lease help.
I think it was made in the late seventies or early eighties.
Unfortunatly I do not have a copy. You may want to check out Ebay.
Mickeal Landon did have pigeon's by the way...so did Mike Tyson!

G

·
60's are you stark, raving mad? Nobody get's to see the 60's movie. Becauce it was'nt even made then.
the movie you are looking for was actually made in 1958 and and was called " The Pigeon That Worked a Miracle" based on a book called "Pigeon Fly Home" by Thomas Liggett

The Pigeon That Worked a Miracle: Disneyland (TV Episode)

TV Episode: Disneyland: The Pigeon That Worked a Miracle

Home > Library > Entertainment & Arts > TV EpisodesDirector: Walter Perkins
Main Cast: Bradley Payne, Whitney Davenport, George Fenneman
Release Year: 1958
Run Time: 60 minutes
Plot
Co-produced by Walt Disney and Perkins Films, this episode of Walt Disney Presents was based on the book Pigeon Fly Home by Thomas Liggett. This is the story of a young boy named Chad (Bradley Payne), who after sustaining an injury in a ball game is confined to a wheelchair. The doctors are convinced that Chad's paralysis is merely psychosomatic, borne of a deep-rooted fear of failure, but nothing seems to arouse Chad enough to try to use his legs. All this changes when the boy emerges from his self-imposed shell by adopting a new hobby: raising and training pigeons. And it is, of course, one of these pigeons, a mere baby at the beginning of the story, who ultimately leads to the "miracle" of Chad's recuperation. "The Pigeon That Worked a Miracle" was released theatrically overseas in 1962, the same year that the episode was rebroadcast on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

now as for where can buy it I have no clue though they have it for rent in a 16mm film on this site, hope that helps ;) http://www.modernsoundpictures.com/FilmRental/PigeonThatWorkedAMiracle.html
and possibly here http://www.movierevie.ws/movies/1076116/The-Pigeon-that-Worked-a-Miracle.html

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Lakota! you found it! that was one of my favorite "movies" as a kid!
YOU ARE GOOD! By the way, the info. i have is that Landon NEVER kept pigeons. He did the pigeon doc. as a favor to people who helped him do "were Pigeons go to die". Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a copy of it. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I saw the taill end of a Lassie (the dog) black and white TV show on TV in Antwerp, Belgian recently. Don't recall if it was on BBC or on a Flemish station with Flemish (Dutch) subtitles.

It was pretty nice. Lassie has a pigeon for a friend. Pigeon rescues another pigeon stuck in some kind of swamp/quicksand pool. Nice scenes of pigeons.

I'll keep a look-out for pigeon movies and videos and whatnot available over here.

Larry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts