Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large outdoor cage with 2 Laughing Doves and a couple of zebra finches. I have a row of box-nests we've built for them, placed next to each other for the finches to make nest in, and one larger box-nest for the doves. But they didn't nest in their own boxing-nest, but on top of the finches' nests. But all the grass and stuff fell off, because it is a flat roof... now the egg lays their on the roof of the boxing-nests without any grass or wool. Luckily the box-nest they laid the egg on is in one of the corners of the cage so it can only fall off on one side, the other 2 sides is against the cage's walls and the other side is against the next box-nest. I am scared that the egg rolls off and breaks, but I am concerned that if I ''make'' a nest for them and place the egg in the nest (on the same place the egg was laid, though) they will abandon the egg if I touch it? Will I be able to place the egg in a type of nest for the safety of it, without the parents abandoning the egg? I will be very grateful if someone can shed some light on this for me please!!馃槂

Registered
I'm sure they won't abandon the eggs. You can cut a small cardboard box so that the sides are about 3 cm high and put some nesting material inside with the eggs on top.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts