Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and I are due to move to SOMEWHERE in Scotland UK (rural - ish) within the next year and wonder if anyone can suggest good areas to move to where we can still race our pigeons? Does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
875 Posts
My partner and I are due to move to SOMEWHERE in Scotland UK (rural - ish) within the next year and wonder if anyone can suggest good areas to move to where we can still race our pigeons? Does anyone have any thoughts?
hey i live in scotland,i live in fife in small coastal town(pop 6000),there are a good few people into pigeons here,and there is fife federation of pigeon clubs,there are a lot of pigeon folk in fife,espec in cenrtal fife,2 guys in my town race regularly and have nice loft set ups(we visit them on occassion)i look after ferals and unwanted/lost/unclaimed racers and am into pigeon advocacy and animal rights etc(im an old hippy lol)the coastal areas of fife are very nice,espec up by anstruther and st andrews,the more industrial areas are just that,but there are some nice lochs,hills and coastal walks with wee traditional fishing communities,where i live it is quite nice,15 min walk and your in the country,we have a large hill behind town,a loch and ecology centre(earthship),if you would like any more info please dont hesitate to PM me

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds pretty much what we are looking for we need to sell a property here and then we are going to upsticks, so we'll certainly look round those area's now, it's great to have an idea of places that race.
Thank you for your reply, I only found this site yesterday and everyone that has replied has been really helpful and friendly, I can see me becoming a regular at this rate! Will also be posting some pic's tonight/tomorrow of some of our birds and cree if the rain will only hold off for a while.
Michelle

·
Registered
875 Posts
That sounds pretty much what we are looking for we need to sell a property here and then we are going to upsticks, so we'll certainly look round those area's now, it's great to have an idea of places that race.
Thank you for your reply, I only found this site yesterday and everyone that has replied has been really helpful and friendly, I can see me becoming a regular at this rate! Will also be posting some pic's tonight/tomorrow of some of our birds and cree if the rain will only hold off for a while.
Michelle

sorry forgot to mention,,there are 5 stonebuilt (some are listed buildings!)doocots(crees)in my area,,3 in aberdour(near castle)2 in burntisland and a very pretty one on private property(bowbutts)in kinghorn!
we have a lot of ferals here(including my babies)and many woodys and collereds too,one lady in town keeps white garden fantails too.
another plus here is house prices are pretty good,we are 30 mins from edinburgh by train(can see city from my garden)its an easy commute for work etc,my local racer freinds loft is nice,it faces firth of forth,stunning veiws of edin and the islands of the forth(also teeming with bird life),other places id recomend in scotland are east lothian,same deal,,coastal/rural very pretty and midlothian,just outside edinburgh,some nice wee towns and villages with good racing fraternity

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
sorry forgot to mention,,there are 5 stonebuilt (some are listed buildings!)doocots(crees)in my area,,3 in aberdour(near castle)2 in burntisland and a very pretty one on private property(bowbutts)in kinghorn!
we have a lot of ferals here(including my babies)and many woodys and collereds too,one lady in town keeps white garden fantails too.
another plus here is house prices are pretty good,we are 30 mins from edinburgh by train(can see city from my garden)its an easy commute for work etc,my local racer freinds loft is nice,it faces firth of forth,stunning veiws of edin and the islands of the forth(also teeming with bird life),other places id recomend in scotland are east lothian,same deal,,coastal/rural very pretty and midlothian,just outside edinburgh,some nice wee towns and villages with good racing fraternity
Wow, you're doing such a great job with all that info Tuxedo, we'll all be upsticking and moving up, it sounds delightful !! :)

Janet

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Couldn't agree more Janet, I can't wait to move up there and now with all the info I've been given my partner and I have a much better idea of where to look. Pics on their way if I can work out how to do it!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Living in Durham, North East. Been having some probs posting pics, have uploaded to pictures and albums on the user cp but can't seem to get them onto a thread reply, bit of a novice at this I'm afraid any suggestions would be most welcome, as I'm getting a little bald from pulling my hair out!!!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Couldn't agree more Janet, I can't wait to move up there and now with all the info I've been given my partner and I have a much better idea of where to look. Pics on their way if I can work out how to do it!!

Monday to Thursday:9.00am-5.00pmFridays:9.00am-4.00pmSaturday, Sunday:Closed
Office Closed:Easter:Fri. 10th and Mon. 13th April 2009May:Mon. 4th and Mon. 25th May 2009Glasgow Fair:Mon. 20th July 2009Christmas/New Year:Fri. 25th December 2009 to Mon. 4th January 2010
Call us
Call us on 01698 286983.

Phones are manned:Monday to Thursday:9.00am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-4.45pmFridays:9.00am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3.45pm
Email us
Email us at [email protected].

Write to us
SCOTTISH HOMING UNION
231A Low Waters Road
HAMILTON
ML3 7QN.

thats contact details for scottish homing union,maybe you have them already

id be happy to send you some info leaflets on fife area,i can access them through my local history society or libraryjust give me a shout if you would like some

elayne

·
Registered
15,536 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what we thought as well, my partner and I just got together 16months ago, and one day we were talking and realised we both had this dream to move up to Scotland, so fingers crossed and property sale required and we will be up there! Don't suppose anyone wants a bungalow in Washington UK?? Ha!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts