Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my husband kindly built a feral"pigeon rest" from some spare wood,its situated high enough to be away from cats and rodents,we have put a couple of coop cups in it and drinking water,it has access thru a "door"type thing and my daughter decorated it with some non toxic paint(green splodges and red jewels)the pigeons seem to like it,its shaded and fun for them,some have been sitting on the roof sunning themselves,,,problem is,,mr big(huge spread cock)has decided its "his"domain and is wing slapping and pecking anyone else who dares to enter,he went in earlier,,,gobbled up contents of 2 coop cups then sat guard and pecked and slapped any pigeon brave enough to come near,,,helllllppppppp

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
my husband kindly built a feral"pigeon rest" from some spare wood,its situated high enough to be away from cats and rodents,we have put a couple of coop cups in it and drinking water,it has access thru a "door"type thing and my daughter decorated it with some non toxic paint(green splodges and red jewels)the pigeons seem to like it,its shaded and fun for them,some have been sitting on the roof sunning themselves,,,problem is,,mr big(huge spread cock)has decided its "his"domain and is wing slapping and pecking anyone else who dares to enter,he went in earlier,,,gobbled up contents of 2 coop cups then sat guard and pecked and slapped any pigeon brave enough to come near,,,helllllppppppp
Mr. Big says that he has found HIS home! Maybe he will let a mate enter??

Solution? Mmmmm, build ANOTHER "pigeon rest?" He can't be in two places at once! :D

Good luck!

Shi :)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Mr. Big says that he has found HIS home! Maybe he will let a mate enter??

Solution? Mmmmm, build ANOTHER "pigeon rest?" He can't be in two places at once! :D

Good luck!

If it's close by, you'd be surprised. He might spend his whole day chasing birds out of BOTH...........

Tux......how big is this pigeon rest?

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
If it's close by, you'd be surprised. He might spend his whole day chasing birds out of BOTH...........

Tux......how big is this pigeon rest?

ROFL, Renee!! Yes, you could be correct. Of course, I wasn't suggesting that another "rest" be right next door.

Then again, maybe only a "badder" pij could solve the "problem!"

And, yes, some cocks are very intense!

Still ROFL...

DO let us know what happens, Tuxedobaby!

Love and Hugs

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is roughly size of a large box,say for a tv or something similar size,were also thinking about a polecote or wallcote for the ferals,,mr big stuff is there just now puffing and cooing at some lady pige!!!hes the largest of our ferals(and he knows it)little golden goblet(hen,lost dutch racer,whos owner im trying to trace)put up a good "wingslap"with mr big stuff,shes feisty,should i put a nestbowl into the rest????

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
LOL, that is so typical. Our Gurdy "owns" all three nesting boxes in a row of three. He has his "bit on the side" in one of them, his nest in another and the third is used for lounging in when his mate is on the nest.

Cynthia

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mr big stuff is soooo bossy,hes not the tamest of the ferals,but hes very assertive,hes off on "fly time"just now with the rest of the flock,he also "christened" the top of the rest box,im sure its not a territorial thing like cats n dogs,it must have been "needs must "lol

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
ROFL!!! Lucky that Gurdy and Mr. Big don't know each other!! :eek:

Hysterical posts...well, to me anyway!!

Thanks for the laughs family site members!! :D

Looking forward to updates!

Love and Hugs

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
caramel log and her 2 "boyfriends"(forcepoo and pizza) are feeding there just now,,im having some work done on a cracked window ledge in a bit,the workmen will have to access area thru my garden so i think ill be minus a few pigeons until its over(i had new windows and doors put in last year and the workmen are coming back to repair the damage THEY left,god knows it costs enough!!!!!!)if they disturb the pigeons too much or scare them away ill not be happy,i expect a bit of noise but hopefully no mess this time(when having windows done they left mess with foam stuff which i was scared the birds or cat would try to eat grrrrrrrrrr)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill try,,i have probs posting on this site for some reason,i have pics of caramel log on my bebo site(feedbackqueen,elayne)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts