Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who use multiple brands of clocks in their club? I'm looking for help. We use Benzing, but to my knowledge we don't exclude any other brands it's just been the norm.
How does basketing work with different brands, would we need other club units and have to sink them somehow?
I'm asking so that we don't put a hardship on a new person who can find something suffient but not exactly what we use.

Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't "think" other brands are compatible ( interchangeable ). The best thing to do is have an old countermark type clock and a supply of countermarks on hand to Loan to a new guy until they save enough to buy an electronic clock.
Cost is awful, it hurts the sport, new people have to invest too much just to get started.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Who use multiple brands of clocks in their club? I'm looking for help. We use Benzing, but to my knowledge we don't exclude any other brands it's just been the norm.
How does basketing work with different brands, would we need other club units and have to sink them somehow?
I'm asking so that we don't put a hardship on a new person who can find something suffient but not exactly what we use.

Thanks
Hi Mike, I am the race secretary for our club so I can say first hand, most clubs use one type clock because it's the hardware that's the issue. By that I mean, if your club uses Benzing and you want to use a Taurus you will have to buy your own club system to make it compatible or at the very least all the cables to adapt to the Benzing system (if it's even possible). Then the secretary may not know how to operate the clock you want so that is a problem too.
I had a guy bring in a 25 year old Atis Top and said....make it work. Well there are no manuals for something that old so it was impossible. Again the hardware and secretary knowledge of multiple clock units is the biggest reason for using one clock.
Hope all that helps somewhat

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks Heeler. Makes sense. I'm the race secretary also, and we all currently have the old benzing express or atis tops. I am in the process of trying to get the ball rolling to have members upgrade.
Benzing G2's are the easiest to learn and they are compatible with the club system you already have. Of course the M series are good clocks too but not worth the extra money just to clock a bird. I know they are really cool (the M clocks I mean) but for $1000 they better make my birds fly better too.
M3's are touch screen and that's cool too but $1400.....again, not me!!!!
Oh and back to those older clocks, wait till you need tech support....there isn't [email protected]#$%%. I wonder if those older clocks will work with Benzing Live?? I'm sure we are all going to that in the near future too.
Anyway good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts