Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone :)

i have 2 Senegal doves as pets they are less than 30 days old. they have been fed this morning the one is Tame the other pigeon is still a bit Wild but the 2 pigeons are bosom buddies. i have them in those cages the vet gives for cats but no cat is inside. i want to know what must i do to keep "Twitter" coming back to me the one that is a bit wild ? i am going to keep the 2 babies safe from any harm i will Never Harm the 2 pigeons they are such lovely birds :D

your help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the baby Dove is eating Seeds on its own. both my pigeons there chest is puffed up so? does that mean they are full is their tummy full? :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how long must i keep the 2 babies in the cage i dont want the one to run away although he comes back for food.
i trust Tweety the older one to come back to me for food. my domestic Worker at Kedu river lodge is building A BIG Cage.
for 2 of them dont worry people i will never hurt them i promise :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i hope my 2 pigeons Coo at each other "when they get older" to show affection i got the 2 cause i want to listen to them coo all day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i let my pigeon out of his cage to cuddle him and he jumped out my hand he flied in the trees earlier today. will Tweety the tame one come back ? :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he came back because i Treat him nicely and love him i gently stroke his back with my hand. i give him kisses i give him food and water.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PLEASE HELP my pigeons poop is Green 😢 😭
should i take them to the vet?
Google says its liver disease.

i was giving them bird seeds for baby chickens then i started giving them wild bird seeds.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
They don't look well, feathers also look as if in poor condition. Do they have access to: direct sunlight, grit, vitamins? Do you give apple cider vinegar in their drinking water twice a week? 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They don't look well, feathers also look as if in poor condition. Do they have access to: direct sunlight, grit, vitamins? Do you give apple cider vinegar in their drinking water twice a week? 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water.
i didn't know about the apple cider vinegar. yes they do have sunlight the cage is outside. i give them a little thing of water i clean it out everyday 3 times a day.

what else must i give them. i am going to the shops today i will ask for apple cider vinegar.

what vitamins must i give them? cause i want them to live for 21 years.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
If you have a petshop closeby, get some grit and vitamins for birds. The acv you can get from a supermarket. Do you have cats? If not, why don't you do a soft release? They are already outside so must be used to the area. Keep them another 2 weeks and then just open the door and let them go out by themselves. Leave food and water for them on top of their cage. They will stick around. To be kept in an aviary for the rest of their lives, won't be a good quality of life.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you have a petshop closeby, get some grit and vitamins for birds. The acv you can get from a supermarket. Do you have cats? If not, why don't you do a soft release? They are already outside so must be used to the area. Keep them another 2 weeks and then just open the door and let them go out by themselves. Leave food and water for them on top of their cage. They will stick around. To be kept in an aviary for the rest of their lives, won't be a good quality of life.
yes i know a pet shop i can go to i will ask the girls there for advice on how to look after my pigeons

1 - 20 of 29 Posts