Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
he release 61 birds. that was a great team of ybs and hopefully you wont lose any during training.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looking real good, inspires me to make one, but we cant see the birds for long from our release sites so far.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
It`s a nice crate...BUT.....Using wire sides is NOT GOOD.....The birds fight etc and wind up backing up into the wire and TEAR UP their primary flights and tail feathers etc...That is NOT GOOD for racing.....When their primary flights get messed up,they lose speed while flying....Do not put wire in your LOFTS either,for the same reason.....Wire is only good for avairy`s,so the birds can get sunlight and fresh air if they want to.....Alamo

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
:DAlamo, Thats a great point......
It`s a nice crate...BUT.....Using wire sides is NOT GOOD.....The birds fight etc and wind up backing up into the wire and TEAR UP their primary flights and tail feathers etc...That is NOT GOOD for racing.....When their primary flights get messed up,they lose speed while flying....Do not put wire in your LOFTS either,for the same reason.....Wire is only good for avairy`s,so the birds can get sunlight and fresh air if they want to.....Alamo

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Looking real good, inspires me to make one, but we cant see the birds for long from our release sites so far.
Tomorrow I will make another one..Probably going to use Metallica's~Battery song for it :cool: Its kinda cool making a video log of your teams progress give it a try.

I see your point. I used the large "hog wire" 2" x 3" for the sides to minimize any wing damage, improve air flow and most importantly allow my ybs to easily get a drink before I release them :D.

That's a nice size team you got going there. Thanks for sharing the video. How far are you planning on taking them out too?

Let me know if the blacks you got from me produce any winners.

Happy flying!
Tomorrow I think I will do a 5 mile "swim or drizzowned" toss. My ybs circled all the way home and 1/2 my birds stayed in the air for another 30 minutes just circling the loft. I think they are telling me their ready for a little wing stretching challenge.

Let me know if the blacks you got from me produce any winners.
Sure thing but before I can do that I have to win;) My club don't play with their ybs..those guys are not going to be easy to beat.

Looks good! Keep em Flyin!

I come up that way sometimes, the next time I do, we'll have to meet....:D
That would be cool come on by and check out my set up maybe you can share a few pointers if you see something I can improve. Just send me a pm.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now you're getting to the fun part of training, deciding how far is too far!

Let them show you what they can do!
True True.. I think I might try a real test tomorrow and release them along the St Johns River...I know a few parks that would make a nice back drop for my next video and maybe I can film them flying over the river now that would be cool.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice. Loved the sound track.
Thank You. I was going to make a new video today and my camcorder battery died in the middle of them circling after release. I didn't get enough recorded to even bother posting. I think it would have been my best video yet...I had Metropolitan Park in the back drop and across the river Downtown Jacksonville. The birds circled the condo's along the river and then started to wards home.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Jax,
Great video. I have mine at 20 miles today. When do you guys start the races? Ours start on the 24 of this month. Just sent the check for the benzing on Tuesday. It hurt putting that out. We release from Jax Oct 23. I'll keep you updated on your birds that are flying down here. Sorry for your friend but God's speed on his next journey.
Logangrmnr

1 - 20 of 38 Posts