Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first pair of babies. They are 24days oldand i dont have a clue what to do next. Do i kick them out of the nest? Is there a forum that has step by step process of what is to come next. My babies look as though they are trying to eat seed.they are not fully feathered yet.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
why would you kick them out of the nest? anyway, no don't.
It helps to but a croc of feed in their nest box so when the parent birds eat they can learn from them and practice by watching them. they will fly out of the nest box when they are ready at about 35 days of age some sooner some later, they need to beable to fly up to a perch for protection before being with any other pigeon you may have. pigeons can be territorial and mean to younger not flying yet babies on the floor of the loft. they will learn how to drink when they come out of the nest box and still bugging their parents to feed them they will watch and learn then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It helps to but a croc of feed in their nest box so when the parent birds eat they can learn from them and practice by watching them. they will fly out of the nest box when they are ready at about 35 days of age some sooner some later, they need to beable to fly up to a perch for protection before being with any other pigeon you may have. pigeons can be territorial and mean to younger not flying yet babies on the floor of the loft. they will learn how to drink when they come out of the nest box and still bugging their parents to feed them they will watch and learn then.
Ok, got it. I have been putting food in the nest to make sure the mom and dad get enough food and so the young can watch them eat .mom and dad don't really stay with them in the nest or box anymore.they choose to hang out at loft floor instead.
When will mom lay more eggs?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, got it. I have been putting food in the nest to make sure the mom and dad get enough food and so the young can watch them eat .mom and dad don't really stay with them in the nest or box anymore.they choose to hang out at loft floor instead.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
The hen usually looks to lay more at about this time and the cock will feed the squabs and wean them when they are eating on their own. with it being winter the hen may be later in laying or not as soon as if it were longer daylight hours like in spring and summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts