Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today my new baby dove has hatched. i can't get pictures because i do not want to disturb it. i have seen others with pictures. how many days should i wait?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Great!! Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Oh My Goodness; Yessss I know this is a big day for you!!! I am so happy and proud for you and your birds!! man I can't wait to see pictures!!! you rock Hill!:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait about a week before you "interfere". Of course, you could get lucky and get a glimpse and/or a good photo of the baby if you catch the parent off the nest!

Terry
thanks for the help
i have another question. the nest has loose twigs and stuff in it. that won't hurt the baby right?. should i start putting paper towels in after the week is up?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh My Goodness; Yessss I know this is a big day for you!!! I am so happy and proud for you and your birds!! man I can't wait to see pictures!!! you rock Hill!
thanks!!:D yes i am SOOOOOO excited. i cant wait to watch my little peeper grow up!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Congratulations, Hillary!! :D How exciting. Yes, you can put paper towels in with it and change them when needed after a week or so. It'll go quickly. :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there will be no pictures. today. i saw the baby. it was burried under some twigs. i pulled them off of it and the baby was limp not breathing or anything. no movement. dead. i don't know what happened.:confused: it was alive because there is baby poo. but now there is no baby. :(

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nooo!

Man I can't believe this!!!!:mad::mad::( I am so sorry!! It has happened to me to. Dont give up Hill. I will pray for your birds! Mabe separate your doves for a while so they can get in top shape before they try again.

Again, sorry. -Steven :(

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sorry about your squab. :( :( :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry to hear of your loss it is just the pit's when it happens, we had one this year that fell/was pushed from the nest pan and I found it behind the pan, I couldn't speak let alone touch it, had to guide my man with vague hand signals to deal with the situation (because it just had to be from my favourite hen, who also had one egg trampled this year, she has had three rounds of young and each time only one has survived with the last time an unfilled egg), please don't give up it sounds like there was nothing that could have been done, it was down to fate for whatever reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts