Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
I just noticed my baby pigeon has been sitting on its butt i suspect it to be calcium deficiency but I'm not sure plizz helllp馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶
Please post some photos, sometimes from day 16-20 they can sit like dogs, on their heels and tails. If the legs are extended in front of it and it is sitting flat on its behind that is a problem.

Registered
That is absolutely normal way of sitting for a pigeon of that age. They can't walk until they are fully feathered because their crops are too heavy. When they are between standing up and just sitting you will notice something that looks even more like human sitting, body upright, sitting on heals but much more back on the tail also. But for that little peeper, its completely OK. As long as he is rising its head sometimes, squeak and feeds, poops, and sleeps the rest of the time, you are good.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is absolutely normal way of sitting for a pigeon of that age. They can't walk until they are fully feathered because their crops are too heavy. When they are between standing up and just sitting you will notice something that looks even more like human sitting, body upright, sitting on heals but much more back on the tail also. But for that little peeper, its completely OK. As long as he is rising its head sometimes, squeak and feeds, poops, and sleeps the rest of the time, you are good.
Thank you Soo muchhh I was Soo worried

1 - 9 of 9 Posts