Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
My homers birds gasping for air after exercise and the wings are down after only fly for 10 minutes. They only circling my loft flying very low may be a little higher than the roof of my house. They do that even flying in the morning. What should i do about them?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Is this a recent thing, has the weather gotten hotter for them?

This could be any number of things, from respiratory issues, lung mites, worms, or other.

Is their loft well ventilated and does it have good clean air circulating?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
If the whole flock is doing it, they are probably just hot or they could be overweight and/or not in shape. Pigeons are most comfortable in temps 60's through 70's. My them as early as you can before it gets hot, and you may want to fly them again in the afternoon when it starts to cool down.

If they have any health problems at all, that can harm their flying performance. Ventilation is very important like Trees Gray mentioned. If their respiratory systems are stuffed up, then it's like trying to run a mile with a cold, not able to breathe from your nose.
Coccidiosis, worms, and canker are another three things that will also cause them to fly less and easily effect the whole flock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts