Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam still looking for our birds au banded swtx we live in abilene we have been looking we lost 7 total we were trying to get into the sport of racing justnever got the chance they were strong on the wing is what we gather if any one found some around abilene with swtx bands let me know and i can give you the numbers lost 11 got 4 back most had pedegrees as reward we could work somthing out she is stll looking for them thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i hate it that no one lives around here could anyone advise us what to do if not now in the future have you tried whistles and do they work

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I don't know the whole story of what happened, but at some point, your young birds DO get too strong and you're just taking a chance on trying to settle the birds.
There's so many things that determine what you should do and when you should do it.
Sorry you lost your birds. It's happened to ALL of us at one time or another.
There's plenty of info to be had here......just ask the questions.
If you are going to race, I assume that you've joined a club or at least have one close. SOMEONE from the club should be willing to give you some good advice..........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well yeah it was all an accident people visiting they just let them out by leaving the door open mine and the girls deal was after they started laying we would start training after the first time she didnt want to let them out it took two days for them to find home and hurt and scared her made everyone feel bad but these just werent trained on hom to get home so it made us all feel bad we take it as they know what home is but how to get back is different whats bad we have seen one of our white ones less than 3 miles from here a cant do anything the whites were older the one we got back was 3 wierd huh i hate it i was told just the other day that one was found in the back of a truck dead dont know who yet thanks for thinking about us

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
well yeah it was all an accident people visiting they just let them out by leaving the door open mine and the girls deal was after they started laying we would start training after the first time she didnt want to let them out it took two days for them to find home and hurt and scared her made everyone feel bad but these just werent trained on hom to get home so it made us all feel bad we take it as they know what home is but how to get back is different whats bad we have seen one of our white ones less than 3 miles from here a cant do anything the whites were older the one we got back was 3 wierd huh i hate it i was told just the other day that one was found in the back of a truck dead dont know who yet thanks for thinking about us
Im confused....I will give it a try. you got some older homers and they were accidentally let out. you were going to raise some young from them and train those to race..is that it?...if so, you can buy some young birds that are 30 to 40 days old and train them to your loft, or breed some from the ones you have left and train those babies. also not trying to be rude, but if you use periods at the end of the sentences it is easier to understand what your trying to say. I wish you much luck.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry i do alot of this on my phone. basicly you have the idea, They were a little old when we got them and we were afraid to realy train them. Because i guess how much he usualy charged for the blood line and the fact they were older. if we started off and trained it prob been alright but we didnt and lost most of the ones we had. my first question would be have you used a whistle before feeding to call them in and did it work because they seem a little freaked by loud noise

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
sorry i do alot of this on my phone. basicly you have the idea, They were a little old when we got them and we were afraid to realy train them. Because i guess how much he usualy charged for the blood line and the fact they were older. if we started off and trained it prob been alright but we didnt and lost most of the ones we had. my first question would be have you used a whistle before feeding to call them in and did it work because they seem a little freaked by loud noise
here is a link on training young birds, it is hard to rehome older birds so you will have to get young ones to start with.If you have older birds they can be used as breeders but not let out to fly as you have already found out the hard way, perhaps they are back at the loft you bought them from if it is not too far it is worth checking.
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f14/training-young-birds-for-homing-amp-racing-pigeons-8046.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts