Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
My doves got habituated to stay on my neighbour's building rooftop. But they are coming to my home for food. I usually release them from the cage in evening and they would stay on their rooftop overnight and next day when I call them, after longg time they would comeback to cage.
Are there any tips for me to train them to comeback whenever I want?

·
Registered
18 Posts
When you are releasing them in the evening, have they already ate/are full? I usually don't feed my pigeons before letting them fly out in the evenings. I basically would let them out in the evenings without them being full (not on an empty stomach though) and once they get hungry them fly back down into their coop and I would shake a can with seeds in it which makes a shaking noise. So after a month of doing that continuously, my pigeons (old german owls) are always coming back when I start shaking the can full of seeds. I've never really owned a dove before so I'm not sure if it works the same way, but thats one technique that you could try. I also learned this from a YouTube video so I'm 100% sure that there are some better explained videos on their.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you are releasing them in the evening, have they already ate/are full? I usually don't feed my pigeons before letting them fly out in the evenings. I basically would let them out in the evenings without them being full (not on an empty stomach though) and once they get hungry them fly back down into their coop and I would shake a can with seeds in it which makes a shaking noise. So after a month of doing that continuously, my pigeons (old german owls) are always coming back when I start shaking the can full of seeds. I've never really owned a dove before so I'm not sure if it works the same way, but thats one technique that you could try. I also learned this from a YouTube video so I'm 100% sure that there are some better explained videos on their.
I usually keep food in their cage only. I mean it is what needs to be done right? or am I wrong?
Thanks for the suggestion!
I definitely will follow that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts