Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share this with everyone....my first pair of Dragoons are sitting on their first clutch of eggs since I got them!:D I'm excited to see what colors they will produce. Does anyone have an idea?

here they are.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
That's cool!
Now, this is one breed I've never seen a baby so you'll have to keep those pictures coming once they hatch. Wonder if they have big or "bigger" wattles when babies than the other breeds or if that's something the grows as they get older?

G

·
I doubt you will get an all black from them but you will most likely get any variation of the two colors that you already have there between light and dark grizzles .

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow Link thanks for sharing the picture! I've never seen a baby dragoon before. That sucker looks huge!

I have a question for ya.....I have personalized bands that I purchased from sme online store. I use them on my homers and I would like to use them on my dragoons too. Will it be possible to do that? The size of the bands are the same size as the AU racing bands. The reason I ask is because I looked at my dragoons that I got from Max and their feet seem to be close in size as some of my larger homers who wear AU racing bands so I'm thinking that I might be able to use my personalized bands on them. Would my assumption be correct?

·
Registered
478 Posts
The NPA (National Pigeon association) sell size 10mm bands for Dragoons and 8mm for homers. But the American Dragoon Club is considering recommending to the NPA to reduce the Dragoon band size to 9mm because the 10 seems large.

Its likely that your homer bands should work but it will really depend on how large the Dragoons get, especially the cocks. If you plan on showing your birds then you need to use NPA or bands from the American Dragoon Club. Personalized bands won'y cut it at the NPA national, nor at many other shows.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for commenting back Link. I plan on double banding mine with the NPA and the personalized bands. I don't plan on showing the birds anytime soon but I might in the future. Thanks again - Henry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.