Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I have the resources to build my perfect dream loft, although as I am designing and building it, I already want it bigger. My birds have been residing in an 8x10 garden shed way too long, and my goal is to have them in the new loft by October 1st.
It is 16x16 and going to have an elevated floor, as well as be fully insulated.
I am new to posting here but have been on the site for a little while; I raise White Homers, and other less common color homers as well as Oriental Frills. Here is my progress in pictures.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post's are set 42 inches in the ground with a concrete base then filled with concrete after posts being set. This is being built as a small pole barn. This picture shows my current very rotted loft with a new roof, and some guy...

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is some more progress along with my "doorless pickup truck"...
large South facing windows, which I think the birds will like as well as to create heat in the winter, which is the way my house is helped to be heated on sunny days. Plus my flypens will be off the south and west sides.

Attachments

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Yes. It looks like it's gonna be great! And we DO love pictures.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looks great-even now! can't wait to see her finished! Keep posting Pics!!! good luck!

·
Registered
813 Posts
You guys are just lucky to have such an open space................!!!!!!!
I second that comment!!! Keeep the pic's coming... I drool over them all ..:rolleyes:. since I can't have one!...LOL..:p.

LOOKING GOOD!;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you everyone for all of the kind words and support, this has been in the works for years! More pictures to follow...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Studs are up and the yard is somewhat cleaned up. It looks like a nice morning and it was. If you look close you can see the insulation hanging down from the floor, I learned later (as it it just got done raining for 2 days) the insulation was hanging down because of water being on top of it...

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another view.
And I updated my signature for those wanting to know where I am

Attachments

1 - 20 of 83 Posts