Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 4 weeks ago one of my farels displayed what seemed like pmv virus. He had head twisting, falling backwards, tossing of seed over the shoulder, shakes, star gazing. Now, he appears okay. My question is, once a bird had this virus, does he have any immunity to further contagon.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Once your bird goes through PMV it will be immune. Problem is that when stressed may show symptoms again. Another thing is that he will carry virus for 6~8 weeks and it may be good idea to separate him from others.

·
Registered
499 Posts
paramyxovirus/pmv??

About 4 weeks ago one of my farels displayed what seemed like pmv virus. He had head twisting, falling backwards, tossing of seed over the shoulder, shakes, star gazing. Now, he appears okay. My question is, once a bird had this virus, does he have any immunity to further contagon.
contagious virus,from contaminated feed,water,or litter./.there apears to be no vaccine for pmv-1,.however to prevent further complications i would give a dose of clavamox(amoxicillin/potassium)-daily/maybe 50mg./.also incase it is not pmv,but some other sinister bacteria,,.sincerely james waller

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
contagious virus,from contaminated feed,water,or litter./.there apears to be no vaccine for pmv-1,.however to prevent further complications i would give a dose of clavamox(amoxicillin/potassium)-daily/maybe 50mg./.also incase it is not pmv,but some other sinister bacteria,,.sincerely james waller
Uh...there most certainly IS a vaccine for PMV-1; I vaccinate my pigeons and so do other responsible fanciers. It's readily available from the pigeon supply houses: Foys, Global, Siegel, etc. Please check the facts before you post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts