Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went out in the coop last week and was looking around and just decided to lift up little Miss Bindy Sue (Gracie's daughter-a helmet) off her nest and she wing slapped me and cussed at me and definitely was much more worse then usual. I grabbed the basket off the cubby....

:eek:....and lo and behold there are two plump little babies looking fat and sassy...eyes closed...so I'm guessing they are just a few days old.

I am shocked and in disbelief. I thought she was on dummies, as we usually check on regular bases....Not lately..

Skye looked at me as if to say: " I am not a happy camper mom, ....see what you and dad have gone and done ...you need to pay better attention, now we have more of these little pests around here! "

He is right, I've been busy cleaning out closets and spackling holes and hanging blinds and...hubby has been working 60 to 70 hours a week.

......and here is the kicker...

drum roll please.....:eek: the DAD is Mario the budapest tumbler...what a combination!!!!

so....we are calling them (for now) BUDAMUTS...since they are BUDApest tumblers and HelMETS....or HELBUDS... or HELPESTs..or just plain...PESTS as Skye called them. :p

But seriously this is not something I do intentional, and especially when it comes to mixing breeds.

The babies must be older then I thought as I banded them a few days later with some bands I had left and they stayed on. Skye sat on my shoulder and watched the ceremony. He must have wondered what I was doing, or if I had peanuts in my hands. Thank goodness the buda size bands are the same size as helmets.

...stay tuned....

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
of course we'll need a pic.... I try to check all my dummie eggs regular too... had two homers hatch because she laid two more with the dummies and I thought she was just a long sitter..this was last year and now I have two very nice white homers in my group so all ended up well. :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Would love to see pictures of the pests. Its still early in the new year, I wonder how many more oops babies there will be. I bet at least 2 more. min

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Thats how I got my last babies spirit wings because I somehow missed them for I thought they were the fake ones and they were real ones and what a surprise I had when I reached in to make sure I place fake ones in and between the fake eggs were worm like things and I quickly back tracked and said: Oh My...So out in the world came Snowflake and Max 3 ..c.hert....Congradulations new Mama....

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
I'm sorry, Treesa AND my other family site members, but I am ROFLMAO!! The stories of these OOPS babies are absolutely hysterical! Well, OK, to ME, anyway.

I won't have any OOPs 'cause Woe and Gimie don't seem to have fertile eggs due to Gimie's badly healed broken leg! Yes, miracle do happen but I think they are passing us by...not that I need any more pigeons, you understand! :rolleyes:

YES, Treesa, WE are certainly going to be interested in seeing what these BudaMuts (love it!) will look like!!

Meanwhile, WE are sending our VERY BEST CONGRATULATIONS!!

WITH LOVE AND HUGS AND SCRITCHES!!

Shi/Mr. Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/WoeBeGone

(I'm still ROFL!!)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure glad you are all delighted about this event...:p

Their feathering is really coming in now.

Stay tuned. oh yes...and a picture too! :D

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Can't wait to see those darlings.

Reti

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
It's funny. I frequent a site about German Shepherds and one time a lady posted that she had an "oops litter" and they velified her to no end on that site. They still were pure breds, but "they" didn't care. Just attacked her like you wouldn't believe.

I had an oops baby pigeon (just one) back in September, and I am going to try and race it this coming spring in old birds.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
the name Budamuts is hysterical. I love it. Yup, the little rascals fool us like the dickens. And we love everyone of them. I'm eagerly watching for pictures of these guys.

Margaret

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
I said it before and I will say it again you girls can't fool me I know that you all have these PLANED OOPS BABIES because you love them so much.GEORGE;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, you didn't think you could just post a thread on this cute little oops baby and not give us a picture did ya??

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Treesa, your stories are always a treasure and I love the variety of breed names you/ve created. Looking forward to pictures of the little feathered cuties!

·
Registered
224 Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D. that is too cute!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts