Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost 1 out of 7.....I had only feed them half of a ounce the night before, they are all most a year old....White homers....2 came back a few hours later that day, the rest came in the morning....I had took them 15 miles south never north....YESTERDAY WAS 21 MILES NORTH...

·
Registered
810 Posts
So most were 2nd day birds on a 21 mile toss? Are these racers or white release pigeons?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess racers are more quality type birds and release birds are like u average 8 buck homer....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh yea,,,,, specially when i got 200 bucks for the release,,,,,,it was a funeral....The funeral home i deal with is only 5 miles away.......So the 21 miles was great.....My first time raising homers

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If they are well trained race birds with a good tail wind they can do 25 miles in less then 20 mins. But with no wind I'd say 25 to 30 mins from 21 miles would be just about right.

·
Registered
348 Posts
hey miami
iam in ohio where it is colder but from what i understand it is no big deal. i want to build a loft and get started. i live in the city ,i hope they will not be a problem,but i guess i just do it.kinda like you did.
Iam sure that your birds will be faster the next toss let me know thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ rono yea its no big deal....I do the all white birds release.....I started bout 6 months ago....I only have 12 birds actually flying......I DEAL WITH a funeral home 5 miles away, im doing 3 funerals a week now ......So the moneys great 5 miles away.......

·
Registered
671 Posts
Your always bond to loose some. I have some late hatches that I am planning to release. Lets see how this goes.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Had you tossed them recently. Also is there any hawks Hawks will scatter the birds.. If they had only been 15 miles 1 way. You should of started them at 5 or 10 the other But they may still get home. Some WHITE birds just have not been trained well over the years And a person does not know how they do until they train them out. Keep good records consider using some colors to build them up. OR find a some white delbars. Or other whites that have been raced and cross them over to your birds. It will take a time to build your birds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.