Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, back on Dec 21 I was blessed with my first 2 babies. I was shocked that the eggs even hatched since we had temps down to -7 and highs of only 10 for a week straight, followed by 7-12" of snow (which is still on the ground!). My loft is unheated, and no additional light is used, but the kids are doing well and growing like weeds. They are 18 days today.

day 2

day 5

day 12

day 15

The all grey is Blitzen, the one with white is Donner. I'm bettign that Donner is going to be female, it is more "petite" than the other, as you can see in the pic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone!
I find it amazing that they back up to the edge of the bowl to poop!!! Never in a million years would have thought a bird to not poop in its nest! LOL
They are beginning to eat seed, and peck at me even though they are handled 2-3x everyday!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, babies have moved to the ground level and are now eating well from the feeder & waterer at 27 days old.

Blitzen

Donner

On the blue bar w/ white named Donner, what do you call this pattern?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
They are both beautiful dirty blue bars. The dirty gene just makes them a darker shade of blue and turns their skin black. The one with white I would just call a splash, since that sums up the pied markings and white flights into one name.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
They both turned out beautifully. But Donna.................WOW! Very pretty. You must be very proud of them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts