Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just recently discovered 2, only a few hours old it seems, "Oops babies". Of all the years and years I have been rescuing pigeon, I was always so careful about replacing mated up pairs eggs with dummy eggs. I'm a real don't breed but save room for the homeless type....Well I guess I slipped up recently. Not only did I not find their eggs, but long enough to have them be babies. My male king pigeon and a sweet feral mix...Oh what have they created :confused:
As odd of a mix this may be and as bad of a father as this king seems to be...The babies are beautiful, healthy, and in the care of a wonderful mother. It's her first time having babies, so I fear that the father being as "bumble headed" as he is, she will be over worked. They are also nesting on the floor. =/
I am glad my flock is very established and get along well. My one dominant male is preoccupied with protecting his own dummy filled nest, so they should be left alone to thrive.
As much as I believe I shouldn't add to the population of pigeons, especially a King fereal mix lol I am very excited to see these new babies grow up. :D
I'll post up pictures later. :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
had to drop in to say....hahahaha!..lol.. it happens to the most careful of us.. I had a hen that sat her fake eggs for the longest time..I did not think to look to see that she laid two more..and when I went to take her fakes out as she was sitting for so long..there they were..lol... and had two hens paired that lay four eggs.. I let them have their eggs as they were not fertile..wrong..someone was getting some on the side... one of the eggs hatched and grew into a very handsome figurita cock bird..enjoy..sometimes surprises are the best things..

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
:D Congratulations!!! :D

Most of us have been there, once...twice....or more.

They usually end up to be much cuter (even prettier) then we ever expect.

I had a half budapest tumblers, half helmets hatch out, and they turned out to be the cutest little darlings with personality plus!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha! Yes I am quite curious how these will turn out lol
And I am very proud to say the father king is doing a wonderful parenting job as well. He wouldn't have anything to do with letting me take a peak at his babies today! The parenting has really kicked in. lol And man does his big wing hurt! lol He is quite the powerful protector lol
I didn't want to stress him out, and I am busy watching the super bowl! Go Packers! =)
So I will for sure get those pics tomorrow =)
They are absolutely adorable though. One has a dark mark on his beak already. I like being able to tell them apart. Name time! =)
When I get pics up im hoping for suggestions. Only 3 out of my 9....(now 11) birds have names lol I figure these little sneakers deserve special names. They were destined to be born I guess. =D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol that picture is a bit deceiving because she is on a perch farther back then he, but he is still bigger. Just not that drastic lol

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Why make a nest when you can plop down on a comfey microfiber soft blanket I had in the corner lol LAZYYY!
Here are the newest additions :)
I will continue to add more through out their growing up. I am sure you guys are as curious as I am about how these guys will turn out.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
They get big so fast =)
There is definitely some dark showing on them. =)
Im excited to see the colors they will be. One is much bigger than the other to. lol he definitely got the king's size I think.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
the bigger one may have some dark in him.. you can see the pigment in the skin.. update when they get their pin feathers in.. :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts