Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I won my first YB race today it's a 200 mile race and i am setting at 187 miles winds were out of NE at about 5-8mph.
RACE 1
I took 1st with 1584ypm and the 2nd 1583ypm 9 sec in between. The next club bird was out 6 min.

It was hard for some of the members to say Good job, instead they would say things like it looks like the slow birds are winning today. But I know it's all part of the game.

Southwing

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Give them a crying towel and tell'em to suck it up! :p LOL. Congrats on your first win :) As long as there is pigeon racing, there will be excuses for losing.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Well, I won my first YB race today it's a 200 mile race and i am setting at 187 miles winds were out of NE at about 5-8mph.
RACE 1
I took 1st with 1584ypm and the 2nd 1583ypm 9 sec in between. The next club bird was out 6 min.

It was hard for some of the members to say Good job, instead they would say things like it looks like the slow birds are winning today. But I know it's all part of the game.

Southwing
Tell em' to stick it where the sun don't shine. Pigeon flyers. Geezzz........Congratulations on a job well done.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Hang in Southwing---your day will come--My wife won 6 club races and one combine race.She ended up not racing because of the "backstabbing" Then they needed more members to help with the costs and asked her to join the club and race again. O-BOY I can't print what she told them--but it was on the order of " stuff your pigeons where the sun don;t shine--one feather at a time"
Remember------What goes around--comes around

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats on a job well done!dont worry about what other people say, enjoy the moment.Makes all that work kinda worth it.Get em again! Jeff

·
Registered
91 Posts
That really shouldn't be how it goes. I'm hoping my local club won't be like that-and that I eventually get to find out what they say when my birds do well. LOL. CONGRATS!!!! Is there at least one fella/gal that actually congratulated you? Folks are thier own worst enemies aren't they. Keystonepaul.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Congratulations! Glad you won! :)

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
RACE 1

Southwing
Congradulations !!!

Try not to let the lack of sportsmanship spoil your win. Realistically, don't expect a pat on the back from most of your competitors. It's a shame, but that is pretty much how it is. What I suggest you do, is set an example. Make a point to congratulate the winner every week. Even if it turns out to be the guy who could not bring himself to say "Good Job", when it was your turn. Be a bigger man then him.

And prepare yourself, if you win too many races, you will be liked even less. If you want to be liked, then turn into a good regular loser. It's a bit twisted I know. The pigeon sport has a long way to go in this regard. One of the big reasons why the sport in many areas is not doing so well. Too many cranky old men, who really don't like people very much, and simply don't have a clue as to how to act gracious when your competitor beats you. So, show the ole miserable poop heads...what sportsmanship should be like. Maybe you can be a positive influence for change. And find yourself a local mentor, who will give you that pat on the back when things go well....and will let you vent, when they don't. And come here and share your success and when things go wrong, we will listen and try to help. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts