Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So it was a success. A cross between a trenton base racing hen and a satinette or oriental frill cock. I love how the beak is shape and its size. It looks lovely. It will have its father bull eyes and no frill unlike its younger check below. i call them hominette and satinming

i though this little hen was going to be a recessive red but nope.

·
Registered
910 Posts
what colour is the red one? unusual how it has a bar on its tail. You should post a new thread asking colour experts for thier opinion. It could be a red bird with one dose of rec red. what base colours were the parents? A new thread with photos of the parents and that red bird with tail bar would make a great conversation.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well if its okay, can a mod just move this thread to the genetic and color discussion area. by the way, mother is a blue dun bar and father is a stencil red.

here they are.

Cock is in the back.

here is the hen.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
I have to say for a dilute silver/bronze it is very ash red looking, I would have never expected to see an ash red mimic this good on a dilute blue bird. It's more than likely thats what it is but I think its quite amazing how ash red it looks on the shield.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I still don't see where you guys are getting ash-red from but oh well. I'm a bit confused by your post on the parents though, saying the dad is a stencil red. In the picture it looks like a blue lace.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I still don't see where you guys are getting ash-red from but oh well. I'm a bit confused by your post on the parents though, saying the dad is a stencil red. In the picture it looks like a blue lace.
ooh maybe i should get a better picture.

your right MaryofExeter. its blue. but is it lacing or stencil?

sorry about the pix is alittle big.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.