Pigeon-Talk banner

My Hominette

4K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  rudolph.est 
#1 · (Edited)
So it was a success. A cross between a trenton base racing hen and a satinette or oriental frill cock. I love how the beak is shape and its size. It looks lovely. It will have its father bull eyes and no frill unlike its younger check below. i call them hominette and satinming

i though this little hen was going to be a recessive red but nope.

See less See more
#10 ·
what colour is the red one? unusual how it has a bar on its tail. You should post a new thread asking colour experts for thier opinion. It could be a red bird with one dose of rec red. what base colours were the parents? A new thread with photos of the parents and that red bird with tail bar would make a great conversation.

#21 ·
Lacing is an expression of toy stencil.

When stencil is involved, checks are just called stencilled while T-patterns and velvets are called laced. What stencil boils down to, is that all of the pattern of the bird is white (or some pinkish colour), instead of the normal pattern color, while the rest of the feather is unchanged. That is why barred toy stencil are called white-bar (or pink-bar / bronze bar).

The exact color of the stencil depends on the toy stencil complex genes that have been ingerited from the parents. The color varies from bronze - when only the dominant modena brozne (TS1) is inherited - to pure white when all the TS factors are present (TS1//? ts2//ts2 ts3//ts3)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.