Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I Took My Homing Pigeons For Only Two And Half 2.5km Flight..

I Flown 6 Of Them.. They Are Good Homing Pigeons..

Its Been 3 Weeks They Been Flying Around In Circles Around My House And Always Come Back Home After 20 To 30 Min Flying.

But Yesterday Afternoon I Took Them To 2.5km So Thy Can Learn How To Come Home.

But They Flown In Circles In The Park Where I Took Them .. And Cross The Road There Is High Building Of Church They Are Just Sitting There On The Top Of It.

I Have Been Waiting There From Last Few Hours . 4 Are Just Very Quite And Sitting. Two Black Ones Are Circling Around ..

Why They Are Not Coming Back To The Loft?

2.5km Is Too Far?

Will I Lost Them ?

:(
How I Get Them Back Home?

Even I Tried My Older Pair Of Homers Flown Near To Them By Church. Thought They Will Follow Them And Come Back Home. But One Of My Older Pair Is Sitting With As Well Now. Only One Came Bak To The Loft?

Its Stressing Now

·
Registered
678 Posts
They are not hungry, number one rule in Y/B's is to have control over them and feeding is the main part of training. unless there is something in your loft or around the loft that has spooked them:eek: they will not want to come home.if you have a feeding call they are familiar with keep calling them they should work there way back to the loft:cool:.

·
Registered
691 Posts
What I did one time something like that happened to me was I had a few tennis balls and throw them make them fly out of that area. My problem was that I have a high voltage power lines on the other side of the street and some birds would sit there and I lost four birds they got electrocuted. Now thank God they don't go there anymore. I called my electric co. To see if something was wrong up there and they told me if the birds stepped on the power line nothing happens but if it touches something else at to same time with feather, beak, head or other feet it will get smoked. Tennis balls did the trick for me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I did one time something like that happened to me was I had a few tennis balls and throw them make them fly out of that area. My problem was that I have a high voltage power lines on the other side of the street and some birds would sit there and I lost four birds they got electrocuted. Now thank God they don't go there anymore. I called my electric co. To see if something was wrong up there and they told me if the birds stepped on the power line nothing happens but if it touches something else at to same time with feather, beak, head or other feet it will get smoked. Tennis balls did the trick for me.
THEY FLYING AROUND IN CIRCLES FROM LAST OUR.. BUT ON CHURCH NOW . AND CHURCH IS 2.5 KM FRM MY LOFT

·
Registered
142 Posts
yeah, some of my YB's did that too. Where they landed in a tree. they stayed there all day, and came home late. The next day they did the same thing. So i decided to not fly them no more and let them adjust back to the loft. I hope this will work.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry when they get hungry they will come begging to go inside the loft...
HOPE FULLY FINGERS CROSSED.. I HAVE FLOWN MY ONE BEST HOMER BY THE CHURCH TODAY THREE TIMES .. AND HE CAME HOME THREE TIME.. BUT HIS Mrs STILL SITTING ON THE ROOF OF CHURCH.

WELL CANT DO MORE THAN THAT .. HOPE THEY WILL COME BACK

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I had the same thing happen . I still watch them fly around the silo and that was almost 2 years ago .but it was my fault i followed some very bad advice and spooked them to fly .

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's Easter time at the moment. Your pigeons may be at the church because they are religious

On a serious note follow the other members advice, not mine (go to the church with them and pray to the holy dove)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its raining here today.. i can see 3 of them still sitting on the church . But 3 came home last nite...

Im worried its the third day . Thy must b hungry and heavy rain tody..
My best homers mrs stil sitting on church with 2 othr birds.

Shuld i fly my othr three homers who came home las nite when sun comes out tommrw .. near the church ? Hope these will follow them

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Its raining here today.. i can see 3 of them still sitting on the church . But 3 came home last nite...

Im worried its the third day . Thy must b hungry and heavy rain tody..
My best homers mrs stil sitting on church with 2 othr birds.

Shuld i fly my othr three homers who came home las nite when sun comes out tommrw .. near the church ? Hope these will follow them
I wouldnt As they might sat the church agin. Being only a short distance from your home You could fly the 3 birds at your loft. If you had more trained birds you could release near the church. But hold those birds that came home So not to lose them agin.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only got one good male homing . Tht been comibg home all the time i release him. His mate sirting on church as well

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
be careful letting that mail homer go he might decide to stay with his mate .like re lee said keep those birds looked up for a couple of weeks . trap train them again to a feed call.. I hope the other 3 come home for you

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would go to the church with a long stick and a bag/flag attached to the end. At is point I would rather risk them flying away then just sitting there waiting to become hawk lunch.
Withe ur stick that will force them to fly away from the church and they might fly home. Its worked for me before.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i flown the other two twice by church today and yesterday evening .. thy only took 5 mins to come bak home.. they did circle around the church but.. my other 3 are disapread now. thy not even on the chucrh or any where near i can see.. i think i have lost them :( did not want to loose the black one :(

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Are u sure they are Homing pigeons ?How old are they ?
Its so unlikely for a Homing pigeon to get lost from 2.5 kms.Also since you have been already loft flying them for the last 3 weeks,they should be well aware of your place.Do u have pictures of them ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are u sure they are Homing pigeons ?How old are they ?
Its so unlikely for a Homing pigeon to get lost from 2.5 kms.Also since you have been already loft flying them for the last 3 weeks,they should be well aware of your place.Do u have pictures of them ?
they are 100% white and black homers.. they been flying around loft from last three weeks.. they are like months old

and one 2 year old female.. she never flown in last 2 years but i was flying her as well from last three weeks.

they all came home on time when they hungry

1 - 20 of 27 Posts