Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Just wanted to show you this handsome duck. I used to own a family of ducks. Sadly the father and mother duck were taken by a fox. I gave the ducklings up to a lady with a small holding giving them much more safety and friends(other ducks and geese).
The original ducks have now flown free but left an egg before they left which has hatched into a gorgous duck who thinks he's a human!
Hes the sweetest thing, more like a dog than a duck, he enjoys coming inside(like his granddad) and follows humans and comes to call.
He really looks like his Granddad who I really really miss!

Dexter.jpg

Dexter(1).jpg

XxX

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Well, what is this gorgeous fella's name?? He is quite the looker. :D We always had ducks when I was growing up, and more often than not, there was one in the bathtub at any given time. :cool: I remember Olly who also thought he was a person and came in the house whenever he got the chance. Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His name is Dexter. His grandad we think was an East Indian Duck cross, and his Grandmother a Call duck cross. He's not a pedigree duck but he's so cute and has a wonderful personality!

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
He is such a handsome guy.
Thanks for sharing his pics.

Reti

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
What a great name! He is very handsome.
Ducks make such wonderful companions. Most people just haven't a clue. I'm so sorry about his mom and dad. I had that happen here with Raccoons being the culprits and killing my sweet Lt. Biscuit. [ That was before I knew all birds needed to be locked up tight once the sun went down.]
I was just heartbroken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts