Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pretty nice loft SIR,,,,,,Oh Thats my loft,,,,,,,,Dade County,,,,,White P. Racers

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
For a starter loft and building it yourself I think you did real good--now let us know how workable it is to clean and hot and cold--pretty good---keep us posted---how many nest boxes you have or not and pigeons love baths and it helps to relax them maybe make a place for that--how many nest boxes you have--or not ??? Good Job..c.hert

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have three pairs supposely white pletinckx. I got from texas...i have 6 nest boxes 2 for each pair. cleaning is easy. I ben here in miami only 5 months. My birds are new they only ben in the loft for a week. I didnt waste any time building. I LOVE raising birds,,,,IM FROM BALTIMORE MARYLAND I WAS A TIPPLER MAN IN THE CITY OF BALTIMORE. This is my first time with homers...Im open for all info,,,,knowledge,,,advice....THANKS

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Well you sure have a good attitude about it and I am sure life in general--its contagious--and I am orginally from Philly--many years ago---now I would be happy if you created some kind of a bath situations for your loved pigeons for I know they really love baths and it helps them fly better as well....Thanks..enjoyed our conversation...c.hert

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Say no more coming right up,,,,,,Imma build something for a nice bath area. For now,,,, I will put a nice pan of water in the aviary and let them do they thing...Whats to cold for a pigeon bath?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Calmcool410 You might want to figure how to do it outside maybe a hard cloth area somewhere contained leading from your loft because as you know the loft needs to stay very dry at all times unless you slightly mist it with a spray bottle to clean it sometimes but that drys immediately and I can't wait to see what or how you figure this one out...you can get those plastic sweather boxes from wal-mart not too high of sides and they like taking a bath in that--I use them --and they hold up pretty well...When I started it was a cage and a window with a screen for a pigeon and over the years I sure have learned more and now I have a loft that is 16 x 32 and very nice for my assorted pigeons..29 females and 32 males....I separate them in winter but in spring they go back together after I dip them for the coming warm months and I have vents and windows and air and heat for winter and fresh water and boxes and nests and all kinds of ammenities for them---I sing to them---I play the radio---and this summer I am going to take a trip to look for something more in the wilderness for my family and me and my birds bath area is 5x4 concrete and the males is about the same but their outside fly is probley about 8x5 for the females and on the other side it is about 8x5 too with concrete but the males I make work by flying them about a 4 foot across hallway outside in wire about 16 feet to get to the bath area where is a no roof part for pure sun and they all lounge around walruses on rocks if you know what I mean...
c.hert

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I need 2x4 and some screen and i'll frame up alittle walk in aviary, cut a hole in the side for them to come out and bath and look around. Could i just leave the floor grass and have perches in the aviary?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
You sure can and someday I am going to get a digital camera from my friend and take some pictures then get her friend to come and show me how to put it on my profile because I don't know very much about computers but I am learning--just did not have access to them. But if you are really interested I could send you some pictures--still prints--that I have around--somewhere--- I am very proud of my loft for a lot of work has went into it and I helped construct it by being the forewoman lol...time consuming and of course--money---little by little.....If you want some prints send me your mailing address and I will get them off to you in a week or two....c.hert

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took those pics with my phone(SPRINT BLACKBERRY CURVE) actually its kool. I no u will post pics oneday. What do u raise?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ CRAZY PETE I called the numbers at the Au for clubs near me . No luck . Im 15 minutes from southbeach miami. If u hear anything FLY ME A MESSAGE.:cool:

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Yea you need some 2.4.8 about 15 of them because you need an outside door to go into the wired area--make it 8 by 8 --the wire and u clips to hammer in---lots of work here unless you want to go cheaper and make it smaller which is fine for you only have a few birds--go figure---but figure out some shade too in the area---and I would not like grass and wire would be too hot without shade--maybe sand---with wood pieces hanging around on top or something for them to lounge on---but early morning when it is cooler for they nap in the afternoon anyway and you will have happy birds and you can sit out there with them and really enoy them taking a bath---get a comfortable lawn chair and enoy your morning drink (coke,coffee,icetea, ??) --sounds like fun -but its work.....c.hert

1 - 20 of 27 Posts