Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Little Angel is a sweet little white fantail that arrived here a couple of years ago, she was very ill and it took me weeks to pull her back from the brink of death.

In the aviary she kept herself to herself, perching motionless for hours on end. WE started to put a bucket of food in the aviary porchaway so that she could get in it and we could ensure she was getting enough to eat.

Twice she had relapses and had to be coaxed back to health again. This last time we decided that the aviary was too rough for her to return to and that she would have to go into the doviary, with the two wood pigeons . She has been there a short time and has perched companiably next to the woodies.

Meanwhile, John had taken Reg, a large white pigeon that we adopted from a sanctuary, home. He lived at the other end of the aviary and had lost an eye, had a cataract in the remaining eye, had painful legs and was being bullied. While he was away, his mate found a younger pigeon, so we decided to put him into the doviary for safety and as company for My Little Angel.

After a couple of hours I went to check up on them and saw that they had both disappeared into a large sheltered cupboard sized space . When I looked ito that I saw My Little Angel snuggled into Reggie's body, her face was absolutely radiant when she looked up at me! I can honestly say I have never seen such joy on a pigeons face! It has made year!

(Photos to follow)

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
What a heartwarming story. It takes so little to make these guys happy.
Great story, thanks for sharing.

Reti

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
What a lovely ending to this story. So when is the wedding? :p

Sounds like true love...

Can't wait to see the pics.:) :D

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
I agree!! Just LOVE stories like this!!

I, too, am looking forward to pictures of the happy couple!!

Never dismiss the power of love! :)

WE SURE WISH THEM ALL THE BEST!

Love and Hugs
Shi :) and Mr. Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/Woe

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Wonderful!! I remember when I thought Bernadette was a girl but would never have a mate. He had no interest in other pigeons really. And I thought Buddy was a male, a big ex-racer with a blind eye. Then I brought Bern in over one winter and Buddy in for "just a few nights" and within half an hour they were, ahem, well I'm sure you can guess. :eek::rolleyes: It was certainly love at first sight. I guess they're just waiting for THE ONE! :D:D Now of course we want pictures.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was certainly love at first sight. I guess they're just waiting for THE ONE!
That is amazing, but wondeful and heartwarming. Even with pigeons there must be something that just clicks!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Oh Cynthia that is so good.

My Little Angel has had such a difficult time and you've worked so hard to bring her back to health. Isn't it just the best thing to see her blooming and 'in love' now.
Fate certainly brought about the decision to put them in the doviary, sounds like this was certainly meant to be.

Hope you can sneak a picture sometime. ;)

Janet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts