Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My loft should be done today and know I don't know if I will get my birds...:( The guy keeps telling me next week. I don't know what to do or think..:confused: I just want to have some Racer soon for my new loft. There is no one in my area that has birds, so I guess I have to start looking around again, case this guy don't come through. I was suppose to get 9 young birds for free and know I don't know if it is going to happen, all I can do know is hope and pray.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
well you may do better with just 5 in there anyway...9 would of been cramped IMO esp all winter...breeding season is going to start back up in late winter early spring..you may have to wait it out..which may be better than just getting any bird you can...you want healthy quality birds, not someone elses problems or rejects.....unless you want to rescue or adopt some haddicapped and or special needs birds...but I'am assuming you want to fly homers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Rackerman I may be able to help you out in the Spring, let me know. Where are you located? There are breeder's all over Michigan, I have yet to run into one that is not willing to help someone who is starting out.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeff,
I am in the Tawas area, that an hour north of Bay City Michigan, on the east side. Do you know where that is?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My loft almost done!

Here is some pics' of my loft, almost completed. I have some touch ups and painting to do. Now, I just need to get some Racing Homers. I hope the guy comes through for me. I had to work hard to get this far, just need my birds now. I hope to add on to the loft in the spring.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
That looks really nice!

Please make sure that any openings (to the outside world) not covered by a solid door/s need to be enclosed with 1/4 inch hardware, for the safety of the birds.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all and TreesGray, I will make sure to use the wire cloth on the top, if any one has and other ideas, I sure could use them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, I do know where you are, I use to fish out of Tawas and Oscoda before the Salmon left Lake Huron....

·
Registered
754 Posts
salmon

Yes, I do know where you are, I use to fish out of Tawas and Oscoda before the Salmon left Lake Huron....
I live on the other side of the bay and I still get a few that come up the new river and mill creek. There is nothing that can compare to the runs that used to be in the ausable. I would take the first week of october off work every year and spend it on the banks of the river. My biggegs fish was 28#7oz and I have not beat that yet. Of course I have not fished in twenty years. Now if rackerman say's the fish are still there and somehow finds birds from down here I would drive them up for him and make a day of it, catch and release though.;)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
My loft

I worked all day on my loft and it is ready for birds, all I need to do is tar paper the roof to finish that and paint. I took more pics' today.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I think you have done a great job on your loft. I hope someone can help you out with some birds. Can't wait to see the finished project, but good job. min

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey everyone,
I finally am getting my homers this Sunday (Sept. 20)!!!! I will post some pics of them Sunday or Monday, boy am I excited!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
id cut the roof back mate because it looks abit stupid and the birds wouldnt get all the sun from the top if you get me lol , nice loft anyways lol like it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts