Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pigeon already has a mate and they've had eggs several times. I just saw them mating, then the next day, I saw him go up to a female pigeon with no mate and start mating with her. I can't find anything on this. Help?
His mate was just eating food next to them...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
yup got a few younger males that do that, can't seem to deside who they want to be with, same with the young hens they walk around the males all pretty & flirty and who could resist right :)

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
The other hen will lay eggs and may not get help from this cock bird in incubation and bringing up the squabs. So don't be surprised.

Male pigeons will not miss a chance to mate with other hens, passing own genes to another generation is a priority in the animal kingdom. Most of the cases the male will only support his original hen in incubation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My pigeon already has a mate and they've had eggs several times. I just saw them mating, then the next day, I saw him go up to a female pigeon with no mate and start mating with her. I can't find anything on this. Help?
His mate was just eating food next to them...
Mine with 2 hen and worse is they are sharing the same nest currently so i dont know if the eggs will be incubated properly i am just waiting after 18 days and see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts