Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of pigeon, and I saw them the female kissing the male and ofcourse I didn't bother them. After that the female lay and ready to sex but the male shows no interest at all the female lay for almost 10 seconds and the male does not do anything and goes back to its room. The female keeps kissing the male but the male wont do sex.

I plan to buy another male and let the female mate with it. Is this the right choice? I kinda worried about the female thought since she wants to have an eggs. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hello and welcome to PT.

First thing to make sure is that your birds are of opposite gender.

If you're sure one is cock and other is female,then give them some time. Maybe they're mating behind your back. Wait for a week or 10 days they may have eggs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to PT.

First thing to make sure is that your birds are of opposite gender.

If you're sure one is cock and other is female,then give them some time. Maybe they're mating behind your back. Wait for a week or 10 days they may have eggs.
I bought my pigeon as a pair I'm sure of it.

Even if you said that. I have a loft which has 2 rooms, yet the female remains on the upper deck ( not room but you could say and extra space ) and the male remains on the 2nd room. The female only goes down when I'm feeding them.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
If you got your birds paired to eachother,can you ask that guy from whom you bought them about whether they have laid before or not at his place?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've bought many a young pair who turned out to me two males or two females.

They usually tell you they are a proven pair if he's bred them before and knows 100%

Otherwise it is a guestimation of the person who cold them to you

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did take a peak in their room and I see a nest not that much but I think they are building their nest. Lets wait a little more days. And I will update you guys! Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've bought many a young pair who turned out to me two males or two females.

They usually tell you they are a proven pair if he's bred them before and knows 100%

Otherwise it is a guestimation of the person who cold them to you
No. They are surely paired because they are separate from the others when I bought them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you got your birds paired to eachother,can you ask that guy from whom you bought them about whether they have laid before or not at his place?
No, I didn't ask them but from the looks of it, I think they already laid an eggs from their different partners from the past.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
IF they were paired to other birds and you broke up the pairs, it could take longer. Pigeons mate and stay together.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
How much room do they have? What are they kept in?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
That's good.
Sounds like they are comfortable at your place now. Give them good diet and water soluble vitamin and minerals supplements,they'll lay soon. Do let us know...:)

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
No I don't race homers but I compete my highflyers. High flyer competitions have become more popular here where I live because training racing homers is hard work.
I did race homers before 2009 but now competing with my highflyers are my interests.

Here where I live we don't race homers,we play other sort of games with homers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts