Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey There! First post - hope it's in the right section!
I recieved yesterday the first King pigeon I've ever had. Frustratingly, I have no real history - she was given to the person who gave her to me by someone who "got her out of a bad situation". In 24 hours she's had a good appetite, drinks often and well, about as stressed as I'd expect a shuffled about bird to be, but not hiding or overly shy - let her new cellmates know who was in charge of the coop right away! ;) -but no actual fighting-

Couple of things going on:

I'm told she's a she -not sure how to confirm that...she's seems very dominant with the other pigeons and is very vocal.

She's quite bedraggled and rather filthy - will she instictively bathe once offered the opportunity?

I bag balmed her feet this AM - scaley/raw - she's been more active since - um, was this okay?

**She drags both wings. She is able to move both - stretch them out, I've seen it - lifts them slightly when walking, but both rest on the ground when standing still or droop when perching - neither is rubbed raw**

Thannks for any insight/suggestions that y'all may offer!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Do post pictures of the new sweetheart!

Any other symptoms? The experts will be here shortly to give you advice...

Thank you for giving her a forever home! She is a lucky little thing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll get a pic up as soon as I can get one. Once I figure out whether she is a she or a he...I'll begin the search for the opposite! No breeding here - just companionship!!

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, my Old German Owl pair had lived with her for several months and have been with me for a few weeks only, so I let her be with her former roommates in the hope that company would further reduce stress. Ordinarily, standard biosecurity measures would apply...I made an exception because of the circumstance.

Thanks for the response and the info. link - both appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.