Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
As long as the pigeons are dry, not in a draft and are safe from outside predators, then it doesn't matter what the loft looks like. I PROMISE the birds won't complain!! LOL
They look pretty happy to me. ;)
What size is the wire that you're taking the pictures through?

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's pretty much ventilated ,but the bottom of the loft is not protected,it needs to sit on a slab,or it should be elevated with plywood underneath.You're going to have rats and mice coming from underground.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Scuse my ignorance, but is black/white pigeon a roller? We have a rescue who is similar, and is a roller (well, he was before he became unable to fly). For no good reason I associate that 'color scheme' with rollers :)

John

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
It's pretty much ventilated ,but the bottom of the loft is not protected,it needs to sit on a slab,or it should be elevated with plywood underneath.You're going to have rats and mice coming from underground.
You're right. I didn't see the second set of pictures. I have an aviary that's on the ground, but the loft is up off of the ground and has a floor and is closed completely up at night.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As long as the pigeons are dry, not in a draft and are safe from outside predators, then it doesn't matter what the loft looks like. I PROMISE the birds won't complain!! LOL
They look pretty happy to me. ;)
What size is the wire that you're taking the pictures through?
i am not sure on the size of the wire but i know peaple use it for finch and budgies so it is made from avery panals that use to have budies in it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am working on that i am going to have it rised on slabs

·
Registered
857 Posts
Another option, besides wire, would be to place sand on the ground in the flights.
Sand drains well, provides some grit and is hard for mice to dig in because their tunnels collapse.
I use concrete sand , which locally is $6.50 a ton, in my flights.
When the sand becomes soiled I rake it out and replace it.
Keith

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I can't find any except a landing board. Do you fly your birds? Unless, obviously, if you are flying the English system, then landing board is not needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't find any except a landing board. Do you fly your birds? Unless, obviously, if you are flying the English system, then landing board is not needed.
in my frist pic the landing broad is hooked up so you can not see it but when i fly my birds just need to let it down and away i go

1 - 13 of 13 Posts