Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not completely new. I extended it from a 4x8x6 to 4x16x6.:D

Still not done with trim work and the inside.

That's my dragoon cock watching as I took the pictures this morning.

24 section YB perches

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks really nice Henry :)
Thanks bro! Majority of the work was done over the weekend last week. I had a buddy visiting from out of town and he pushed me to do the extension while he was out here. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice work Henry, I like our perches, it look like it would be less work then making all the peaces for the V type that I made. I bet your glade your friend push to do it now. Looks great:)
The perches made out of 1x4's or 1x6's?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work Henry, I like our perches, it look like it would be less work then making all the peaces for the V type that I made. I bet your glade your friend push to do it now. Looks great:)
The perches made out of 1x4's or 1x6's?
Thanks my friend! Yeah, I would have waited till summer if it wasn't for him.:D

I thought about the V type perches too but when looking for ideas I saw pictures of one of the members perches and thought that was the direction to go. I used 1x4's to construct the whole thing.

I'll update with more pictures when I get the trim and the inside done. Hopefully by next week! Taking the wife and kids to Disneyland this weekend so I won't have time to do much more until next week.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I see you're making up for you wife and kids letting you build that loft. Enjoy Disneyland I miss California so bad.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Henry, I should have asked in my other post, but what did you make each width and height of the perches:confused: I have a 33"x8' section I was going to use for supplies and hospital box but decided to move all that over to the other shad. That would give me that section for the babies and with the box perches I could get more perches in there compared to the V perches I think.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see you're making up for you wife and kids letting you build that loft. Enjoy Disneyland I miss California so bad.
LOL..you do what you have to do!;)

Henry, I should have asked in my other post, but what did you make each width and height of the perches:confused: I have a 33"x8' section I was going to use for supplies and hospital box but decided to move all that over to the other shad. That would give me that section for the babies and with the box perches I could get more perches in there compared to the V perches I think.
Each section is 12x12" and i used 1x4's.

That is a very nice and clean looking loft.
Thanks Treesa, the wife picked out the colors. She was tired of the "natural wood" look! The deal was that she could pick out the colors for the loft if I could extend it a little.:D

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I thought about the V type perches too but when looking for ideas I saw pictures of one of the members perches and thought that was the direction to go.
I'm glad you like my perches enough to go in that direction. I added the pics of my new perches in another thread. I'm not done yet I have to do a lil more but check them out tell me whatcha think.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are quite a few guys on this forum that live in Florida but I'm not sure how close they are to Miami. You should start a thread asking if there's anyone in your area and you can post your loft pics there too...;)

I just sold some birds to a member who lives in Pinellas Park, FL.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have racing homers and a few dragoons. I don't normally sell my homers because I race with them but when I do it's because I'm running out of loft space. My dragoons on the other hand I sell a lot more of. I try to keep only 2-3 pairs at a time and sell what I get out of them.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Florida, Georgia has the biggest racing pigeon club in the whole USA. Most of the best flyers live in Florida I just don't know how far they are but I know for sure that there is alot in Florida. I have homers and I'm actually cutting down on my breeders PM me if you want to see pictures of the birds I have available. Also go to www.pigoen.org and go to the find a club section AU will have someone call you if you are interested in joining a club or just learn more about pigeons. Hope this help.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts