Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody, just wanted to post a video of the pigeon loft I just built. I started on January 1st 2012 and made this vIdeo just a few days ago. I was wondering how many sections everyone would recommend. I built the loft 8x12 so I guess it makes sense to make 3 sections 4 x 8 each. I did plan on that as can be seen by the windows but I was wondering if it might be best to make it 2 sections with a 7 x 3 hall behind. I plan on raising Portuguese Tumblers. Thanks in advance! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbvV_2OLukA

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, It was fun to take on a new project. This was a gift from my wife, mother and mother in law as well as a few bucks that I saved for the purpose. Best gift ever, kept me occupied for a month straight and I still have work to do so the gift keeps on giving, lol.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that's weird , the link works fine on my iPad but not on my pc. I'll have to log into pigeon talk on my pc to put the link up tomorrow.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha ha thanks! I wanted to race but don't think I have the time to dedicate to training to do it justice. I had homers as a kid and had a lot of fun with them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
yea i am a kid i wanted to race but i move homes to much to do that so i want to race roller tipplers and fantails for my mom

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Very nice loft. You did a great job.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everybody, it was really fun building it. I run a seasonal business so this is my winter project. I just painted the inside today and will be putting the ceiling slats up next week. Then I will build a partition wall and the nest boxes and perches for the breeder section. Once it's warm enough I will paint the exterior then build the fly pens. I doubt I will be able to get any birds until the fall since I haven't found a breeder of tumblers yet.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Rafael, the windows will be completely enclosed by the hardware cloth covered flypens. I'm not sure if I will ever fly my birds so traps are not a big concern for me right now. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
480 Posts
what birds are you planing to get ?show pigeon ? since you are not planing to fly them
but it too nice of a loft not to let you bird go out and get fresh air,lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I would like to get Portugues tumblers but will breed mainly for color and show. Would love to fly them but since we live in a fairly snobby area I doubt my neighbors will like to see the birds flying a round. I was raised as a poor kid but got "lucky" with some investments so that I could move "up" a bit. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of people who don't understand the fun of backyard chickens and raising pigeons,lol. One of the main reasons I built the coop to look like a cottage was to make it cute enough that nobody around here would have the nerve to comment about it.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts