Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Can you post a clear pic?

Sounds like Pigeon Pox, unless they have been vaccinated, but without seeing them it's only a guess.

If it is, then it should eventually run its course. It is a virus, for which there is no medication.

They should be isolated.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Most likely is pigeon pox. Do a search on this site on "pox" . It is not life threatening and can be treated under most circumstances. Many great suggestions for treatment you will find in your search.

Louise

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Mosquitoes can infect pigeons with pox, so if you have a mosquito problem, you need to get your healthy birds vaccinated, or try to keep down the mosquitoes. It's very contagious, so you would need to separate any sick birds from the others.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Or it may not pox at all, but a normal looking wart as a result of pigeons getting older where their beak/eye cere appears with bumps. Obviously pictures will help in proper diagnosis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi: I just saw this post (wow 13 years ago!) and would like to ask as well. Has anyone have had any pigeons that has lesion growth on the beak like in the picture? I've been monitoring my pij for this for almost a month now and it never change color nor the size. It's all clean bright looking not like the usual dark ugly pox lesions. She's about 6 years old.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts