Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 pigeons, one of wich i thought got lost somehow or a hawk got to her, but it turns out that she was having fun with another flock. Today she came back hungry as hell and she brought another pigeon with her. Finally she went in the loft, but unfortunately the visitor left running for his life when he felt insecure. Does this mean that my pigeons are becoming wild??

All of my pigeons have been going out of my sight for a whole day and up to 2 days, I've kept them locked up since yesterday. Now im sure of what they've been up to! One of them actually has not come back since about a week ago.

They are all ferals. I keep them just for fun and get some experience before I decide to buy racing pigeons.
What should i do? Can i do anything about it? I would like to be able to loft fly them again, but i'm afraid that they won't come back. I've had them for more than 3 months, 2 of wich they were locked up. This issue just started about 1 week ago.

Would getting more pigeons help??

·
Registered
29,796 Posts
If adults when you got them, they will probably go home to where ever they came from. Also if not mated, they will be looking for mates. Not really fair to keep ferals locked up and not let them out, if they were flying free when you got them. I don't know what the circumstances were that you got them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If adults when you got them, they will probably go home to where ever they came from. Also if not mated, they will be looking for mates. Not really fair to keep ferals locked up and not let them out, if they were flying free when you got them. I don't know what the circumstances were that you got them.
when i got them they were about 2 months old. i got em from a guy who keeps hundreds of them about 20 miles away.

·
Registered
29,796 Posts
I thought that in another post a while back you had said that you had a couple of adults?

Why does the other guy keep ferals?
Can you post a pic of where you keep them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts