Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guyz i have homer male and i tied his wings cuz i just bought it last week and female flew away and then i decided to tie his wings cuz i have two of their babies so first week went okay. He feeded his babies and 1 night he prolly tried to fly in his house and fell now he cant walk properly... he doesnt put a lot of weight on his 1 leg...he's limpin when hes walkin so i opened his wings...he flies up n down in da cage but cant walk properly can any 1 help me with this..... i have a heating pad and now i make him sit on it so it heals is that oaky??? he's eating fine.... i bought a another hen for him and i wanna breed them too .... can some1 tell me how they will mate>???? i cant keep that hen close to babies cuz she hitting those babies so i have her in seperate lil room so male can look at her...can some 1 help me with this plz thanks for help

jag

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
tying his wings was a mistake, you need to make it so he can not get out of the breeding area. he sounds like he hurt himself trying to just get around. untie him and keep him isolated and calm and see if he just has a sprain, if he does not get better take him to a vet or better yet take him there ASAP. not sure what kind of setup you have, but tying a birds wings is cruel. you will have to feed the babies if he can not. how old are they.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
babies are bout 4 weeks now and they r eating their own food so i think they are okay....should i put hen with male in a breeding room?? are the babies gonna b okay??? hes a lill better then yesterday i think hes sitting on the heating pad

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ohh its a homer so i was scared dat he wouldnt fly back to his preowner that y i tied his wings

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
ohh its a homer so i was scared dat he wouldnt fly back to his preowner that y i tied his wings
he will need to be locked up and not let out to fly, make sure the babies are eating and drinking, you can introduce the hen when he is feeling better, introduce them gradually and just watch them to make sure all is well. tying the wings is not what you want to do....don't do it again.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This is what I do if I were you lock her in with a male and let them settle in it...Make sure she will not try to fly or not able to fly for her leg or foot to heal...I had a hen that her leg was totally split broke and I just let her stay in my training basket for good two weeks by herself...She is not able to fly or even flap her wings, all she can do is hop to the food with-in few steps away and drink some water...Her leg heals and the bone attached back together...I know how you feel about keeping the bird in the loft/coop so she won't fly back or get out by accident but taping their wings will do more damage than flying away ain't it...I won't suggest to clip the wings or pulling their wings, those are just some torture to the bird...

DO NOT TIE :( THEIR :mad: WINGS ANYMORE​

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Bosh try to pick up the hen and see if you can move her leg...See if she twitch and how bad is the twitching...If she kick or pull the leg back, she will heal...But try to to fly and as you know they are going to use their feet/legs to land so that will put more strain on her painful leg...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks dave i will never tie their wings.....well its a male that hurt so yea he is kicking his leg when i pull .... i put him in a breeding room now with two babies they r nice n warm on heating pad....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts