Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 month youngster pigeon is apparently good (weight, bouncy, etc.) but it has liquid diarrhoea with brown. It has been more a month...two weeks ago I treated with doxycycline for 7 days and it improved a lot and started to get hard stool but after of treatment it began again..

I shared a link with some pictures about it... if you can tell me what it is (salmonella, e-coli, coccidia, stress??) and how I can remove it permanently ...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2cFAN5RdNareWZsRFRWOTJaNGc&usp=sharing

thanks for your help

JM

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Only a fecal test can tell you what it may be and what medication /s will be effective. Or you can guess and treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic and hope for the best.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My 6 month youngster pigeon is apparently good (weight, bouncy, etc.) but it has liquid diarrhoea with brown. It has been more a month...two weeks ago I treated with doxycycline for 7 days and it improved a lot and started to get hard stool but after of treatment it began again..

I shared a link with some pictures about it... if you can tell me what it is (salmonella, e-coli, coccidia, stress??) and how I can remove it permanently ...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2cFAN5RdNareWZsRFRWOTJaNGc&usp=sharing

thanks for your help

JM
Im not a big believer in Antibiotics produced by companies who want you to keep coming back for more of their product.......

Hence I have begun researching old world remidies.........

Here is one I have come across..... and best thing is its an antifungal and antibiotic rolled into one......... most everyone should have the basic ingregiants in their kitchen. If not they are easy to come by.

Dont worry I've already used it on my own birds with no bad side effects what so ever. Unless you concider them bouncing around inside the loft before being let out, then bolting out and flying up high for up to an hour before coming down even in extremily hot weather..... a bad side effect.

It's so simple I didn't believe it when my cousin posted it on our family website.

Here are the ingregients:

Pure unpasturized honey
cinnimon - cloves are best freashly ground, but pre ground from the store also works very well
and water.

take 1/4 teason of cinnimon mix into hot water from tap approx 8 ounces, place in nuker for 1 min or bring to rolling boil on stove your choice as both work very well. Then take two heaping tablespoons of raw honey mix into solution, stir until honey disolved completely. pour solution into 1 gal container of water, let your racers and breeder drink all they want. make freash dailey for 7 days. no more watery poops..... and birds have tons of energy.

FYI I have begun giving this solution to my birds three days in a row out of every week. The breeders are giving me stronger and healthier babies each round. Also two of my older cock birds that I thought had gone infertle are now producing again!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
That sounds nice I like it for preventative measures, but I would not reley on this for a cure if the bird is in trouble.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That sounds nice I like it for preventative measures, but I would not reley on this for a cure if the bird is in trouble.
Your right in that things like vacinations will still need to be done.

However jmartinez stated this is a reoccurring thing in his bird(s). The mixture I gave in humans is used to calm upset stomachs and works in combating the common cold, sore throats and the like, even helps combat allergies such as hayfever, ect ect. The honey lines the stomach and calms it Im certain it works all through the digestive system. As for the cinnamon do the research it was used as an antibiotic for centuries before we started putting into baking apple pies.

Big thing is simply this: for some its to simple so they will down play any gain you can get from this method, they will continue to spin their whell looking for for elusive medications to combat what allies their birds. Try it see if your birds dont respond and if the diarhea doesnt go away. I'm betting it will and with weekly administration you wont see it come back.

Remember too its all natural, so there should be no problem with continued use. The antibiotics we get from the various drug pharmacies the bugs get used too and then we have to use stronger and stronger drugs to get the same or similar results...... remember an apple a day

·
Registered
237 Posts
if i can tel u something put your birds on diet feed or at least feed without peas
buy Cobel from De Weerd
http://www.pigeonsproducts.com/cobel-by-belgica-de-weerd-747
and give them 8ml to 2 liters of water for 5 days, change water at least twice a day morning and evening, no grits in loft, nothing except diet food and water (spring water buy in store, not water with chlorine) with Cobel, clean loft every day if your birds have contact with droppings. on 6th day give them diet food moisture with oil mix and Colombine Digestal
http://www.siegelpigeons.com/catalog-sourcrop.html
and keep giving them digestal till you see normal droppings. if you change feed on other mix try to do it slowly mix it with diet feed for like a week.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have same problem 2 years ago and this treatment helps aloooot.
keep eye on your birds, don't let them eat anything outside on ground, the biggest problem is moss, so if you have gutters on loft cover it with mesh so they can't pick anything from it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
if i can tel u something put your birds on diet feed or at least feed without peas
buy Cobel from De Weerd
http://www.pigeonsproducts.com/cobel-by-belgica-de-weerd-747
and give them 8ml to 2 liters of water for 5 days, change water at least twice a day morning and evening, no grits in loft, nothing except diet food and water (spring water buy in store, not water with chlorine) with Cobel, clean loft every day if your birds have contact with droppings. on 6th day give them diet food moisture with oil mix and Colombine Digestal
http://www.siegelpigeons.com/catalog-sourcrop.html
and keep giving them digestal till you see normal droppings. if you change feed on other mix try to do it slowly mix it with diet feed for like a week.
"Im not a big believer in Antibiotics produced by companies who want you to keep coming back for more of their product....... " For that matter I'm not a big believer in big name pigeon fliers who promote their own products ether.

Here are the ingregients again:

Pure unpasturized honey
cinnimon - cloves are best freashly ground, but pre ground from the store also works very well
and water.

take 1/4 teason of cinnimon mix into hot water from tap approx 8 ounces, place in nuker for 1 min or bring to rolling boil on stove your choice as both work very well. Then take two heaping tablespoons of raw honey mix into solution, stir until honey disolved completely. pour solution into 1 gal container of water, let your racers and breeder drink all they want. make freash dailey for 7 days. no more watery poops..... and birds have tons of energy.

Total cost about $5.00 and one week of your time, ok maybe $10.00 max and a week of your time to see if it works. VS Oh sky is the limit on how much you can spend depending on if you buy Ganus products, De Weird products or many many others.

Here is a hint; if you can afford it Propolis or Royal Jelly (removed from natural honey during pasturization is a powerful natural antibiotic in and of itself even without the Cinnimon added into the mix.

Anyway jmartinez good luck to you no matter which way you choose to treat your birds!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts