Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 year old pigeon is behaving in weird way. Whenever I eat something, my pigeo appears by my plate and starts eating fron my plate.
Even if she isnt hungry, my pigeo will want whatever I am eating even if its a chocolate or chips.
This behavior has started since 2 weeks. Even today she jumped in.my plate and tried to eat my noodles but was unsuccessful.
Why is my pigeon doing this?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
My 5 year old pigeon is behaving in weird way. Whenever I eat something, my pigeo appears by my plate and starts eating fron my plate.
Even if she isnt hungry, my pigeo will want whatever I am eating even if its a chocolate or chips.
This behavior has started since 2 weeks. Even today she jumped in.my plate and tried to eat my noodles but was unsuccessful.
It has associated you with part of its flock, or has even chosen you as a mate.
When you eat, it wants to eat with its mate or flock, and it trusts you so will try to eat from the same source as you.
I have 3 rescue pigeons and one (Bouncer) although already mated to Freckle & has a chick, will continually come over and try and peck from not just the plate, but even the fork as I lift it to my mouth. Hes so forceful with the action that he even attacks my hand when I try to shoo him away.
Freckle isnt quite as bad although is starting to copy Bouncer even more, and the chick now runs to a plate as soon as I put it down within view.
Simple answer to discourage it is not to eat within view of the birds.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Your bird could be lacking salt , minerals ,calcium, and greens .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has associated you with part of its flock, or has even chosen you as a mate.
When you eat, it wants to eat with its mate or flock, and it trusts you so will try to eat from the same source as you.
I have 3 rescue pigeons and one (Bouncer) although already mated to Freckle & has a chick, will continually come over and try and peck from not just the plate, but even the fork as I lift it to my mouth. Hes so forceful with the action that he even attacks my hand when I try to shoo him away.
Freckle isnt quite as bad although is starting to copy Bouncer even more, and the chick now runs to a plate as soon as I put it down within view.
Simple answer to discourage it is not to eat within view of the birds.
Oh so thats the reason. My pigeo Bubbles is doing this. Shes quite forceful too. She ll wingslap me if I dont allow her to eat with me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your bird could be lacking salt , minerals ,calcium, and greens .
What foods do you recommend for my pigeons?
My pigeon/ pigeons is/are fussy eater and loves mustard seeds but lately shes (Bubbles, not the other two) eating all that I am eating.
Can you see my album please? The first one is Bubbles.

·
Registered
289 Posts
What foods do you recommend for my pigeons?
My pigeon/ pigeons is/are fussy eater and loves mustard seeds but lately shes (Bubbles, not the other two) eating all that I am eating.
Can you see my album please? The first one is Bubbles.

I dont know if this will solve your problem ,It`ll do your birds no harm anyway , I use pickpots and grit ,i also use a small amount of liquid calcium in the water every now and then ,you can probably get this in your local drug store, I use [osteo care] liquid calcium for humans .
Boiled nettle sprouts , the tips of the plant , is packed with iron and a natural tonic .
Either chopped lettuce ,cabbage, chives, chickweed, dandelion, sour-crout ,watercress, spinach , dusted with a small amount of salt .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts