Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted on here before being a new owner of a pigeon, she is by herself not with any other birds and I just found an egg in her cage. I don't know what to do , she did not lay it in her nest it's in the middle of the cage, should I touch it or what should I do? Help!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Every pigeon has a different personality. When some of my hens lay outside the nestbox I pick it up and place it in the bowl and the hens lay their second egg within the bowl. But I also have other hens that abandon the eggs if dislocated.
But you have an indoor bird and if she lives alone then the eggs gonna be infertile. So let her do her thing. Put nesting materials around the place where she laid which she will arrange and lay second one there. As theres no other bird around,there won't be any problems of trampling the eggs or fights. :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I have posted on here before being a new owner of a pigeon, she is by herself not with any other birds and I just found an egg in her cage. I don't know what to do , she did not lay it in her nest it's in the middle of the cage, should I touch it or what should I do? Help!
I would put it in the nest and she should lay another one today I would think, unless it's her first egg and if so sometimes they only lay one , you can try to put them in her nest and see if she takes interest to sit them. that is about all you can do. when she gets used to things she may use the nest in the future. it would be nice to see your setup if you can post a picture and then go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts