Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, I have a one year old feral pigeon that has been with me since she was a baby. Ive got a funny question about pigeon behavior (she is my first pigeon, so I am no expert!)

When she sits on my shoulder, she fiddles with my ear. A lot. She is either nibbling it (very gently, shes never hurt my ear), pressing her face behind my ear or putting her beak in my ear canal (not very far) and just holding it there. Is this a normal thing for them to do?

Its super cute and it doesnt bother me at all. I just wondered if anyone else had an ear loving pigeon :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Bless her - mine are nibblers too and then - ouch! Lol.
I think the females do the beak holding thing like they would when they put their beaks in the males mouth (beaking) when feeding him in courtship. One of my feral girls does the same thing between my fingers when I make a fist, she's always done this and it looks exactly like she does when courting with her mate. She probably sees you as her mate as she's an only pigeon and the girl that does it to me was my first pigeon too - I swear to this day she prefers me to her hubby, lol she'll always come to me and ignore him given the choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts