Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

My mom's temple group went to a farm to buy a bunch of pigeons to set free. They all flew away except Melvin who had a slight infection on the back of his head causing the feathers to molt there. We are now taking care of Melvin until he is all healed.

I don't know the breed of pigeon. Help me out?

Also we're dealing with the infection with polysporin > 3>
It's the best idea we could come up with without having to drive him down to the vet. We don't have a lot of money to spend on him, so if anyone has some advice on caring for him that would be really helpful. =3

EDIT: I live in Canada, Southern Ontario if that makes any big deal in identifying it.

G

·
thats a german owl pigeon you have there but I dont get why you set them all free:confused: they will be picked off by birds of prey in the wild for one thing and the rest will probably starve to death now :( what were you people thinking :confused:
P.S. Melvin is a baby , hes not molting head feathers hes just growing them in as they are the last to grow in on a baby pigeon :s

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mom's temple group is buddhist and do this thing where they buy animals and set them free to stop them from being eaten or abused > 3>

These pigeons were being raised as food.... Cheep meat, bought for $1.50 canadian.

I guess it's better that they try and fend for themselves rather then get slaughtered in the farm? > 3>

EDIT: Really? Wow, so he's not hurt at all? That's great! Though I don't think I'll tell my mom that... so she'll let us keep him. xD And then he can stay with us <3

G

·
well I never knew that german owls were raised for meat and eating but I guess its possible .. they are very pretty birds thou raised for show and exhibiting mostly so hope you enjoy him/her :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts