Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm worried about one of the breeding cocks that was given to me, something looks weird on his neck. His neck never looked that way before until I noticed today. Is he sick? If so what does he have and what treatments would work?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
What's wrong with his neck? I don't see anything.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm not sure, I have never seen that on him before. Or maybe I might have just missed it, does it look normal?

Because the first time I got my birds, the guy had told me if something starts happening with their neck or something that means they're sick. And I didn't know what he meant about 'happening with their neck', so I'm worried about that.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'm not sure, I have never seen that on him before. Or maybe I might have just missed it, does it look normal?

Because the first time I got my birds, the guy had told me if something starts happening with their neck or something that means they're sick. And I didn't know what he meant about 'happening with their neck', so I'm worried about that.
He probably meant if they start twisting their neck, that is a sign of PMV. Or, feathers missing on the back of the neck can indicate molting or mites. Your pigeon looks just fine. ;)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Is he losing feathers in the neck?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, okay. I was really worried. He didn't give much information about the 'neck problem' so I panicked.

Jay - No, he's not. I will double check right now just to make sure.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I don't see anything unusual.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Better safe than sorry. LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts